Help with computer problem maybe bios related

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hugox30, Sep 6, 2011.

1. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    #21 drewbug, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    What is the actual computer's model number?

2. hugox30

hugox30 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    ok so the computer is from canada the old motherboard that is.This is the computer model

pqx31c-01go22

the canada qosmio is the x300 and the us is the x305 but they use the same motherboard versions and this motherboard is the same as the old one
    it has the same model number written on it. But as i said when i turned this one on it said something about it being an engineering release

3. hugox30

hugox30 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    Well before all this i tried to return this motherboard but it was from china and they wanted me to ship it back at my expense but the problem was to ship it back it would have costed me 2/3 of what the thing cost me in the first place. I guess i will just end up selling the parts on ebay don't want this thing to be a money pit for me

4. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    That's ridiculous that shipping costs more than half of the total price.

You can still at least attempt to do a BIOS recovery. If you get it working, you'll have a nice computer, and if not, all you've lost is one out of your thousands of nights full of time, right?

I'm sorry things went from bad to worse. The Chinese company that sold you this sold you a faulty product.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

5. Karel Gott

Karel Gott MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    This website did not let me post a link

6. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Perhaps you could send me a private message with the link, and I'll post it for you?