Help With This Please

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by UTDKING, Oct 15, 2013.

1. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi

My Daughter as purchase a genuine Windows 8 pro Upgrade discs both 32&64,I Know you can do a clean install with tthis version using the following

Activate Windows 8 Pro Upgrade
    Windows 8 users who noticed that the operating system can’t be activated after the installation may want to try the following workaround that worked to activate when installing Windows 8 using an upgrade on a clean PC.

• Open regedit by pressing Windows-q, entering regedit and selecting the result from the list of hits.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE/
    • Change MediaBootInstall from 1 to 0
    • Go back to the start screen and enter cmd there.
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select to run it as administrator.
    • Type slmgr /rearm on the command line and hit enter.
    • Reboot Windows now.
    • Run the activation utility afterwards, enter your product key to activate Windows.
    But with Win8.1 due for release in a couple of days would she be better of doing a clean install of that as I`m sure it would activate with her genuine win8 pro key
    I also have some Windows Media Centre Keys that I got during M$ offer they were all registered before 31/01/2013
    Could one of those keys be used on my daughters system

Her system as never run windows 8 before but I run win8 upgrade advisor to check it would be ok & it came back it would
    She use to have windows 7 but her hard drive died, So I have brought her a new 1TB hard drive & Just need to set her system up

so would it be best to obtain the win8.1 from here & install & activate with her key Then add my Wmc Key & Add Features would it activate ok
    Also any version of office that runs with win8.1 without phone method & why does Skype not recognize the keypad when press the last time I try it didn't respond what am I doing wrong can someone explain

2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Plug in a mic. :laie:

3. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks for that will everything be fine to install win 8.1pro with win8 pro key & my Wmc key.
    Will my daughter end up with Win 8.1 Pro+Wmc Activated Without the need to call M$

4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    WMC key is bundled with machine, the device hash of your activating machine is stores in MS server - yes you need to make a phone call. :D