Help!!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Decksperiment, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Decksperiment

Decksperiment MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2015
    Got a repair job, removing admin password set in bios. This job is a from friend of a friend who got deported, and rather than sell it to recover my loss's, decided to use it for pentesting, but cannot install kali due to not being able to change boot order in bios, thanks to admin password being set.. it's a dell 6430u, I have used universal flasher to backup the actual bios, and have downloaded all versions of bios from dell site using service tag, and after using the dell python script, managed to get an hdr file from the downloaded bios. I have checked for the name the hdr should be renamed to, but have stumbled upon a problem, for I have found 2 hdr names, one being System30.hdr, and the other being 1APTJ021.hdr, as to wether either is correct or not..? I have read of certain errors thrown by the the py script, but never got any visible error's upon extraction.. I have included a RW of all settings I could get, so that I can get as much information as possible as to what I'm supposed to do. I have experience in spi programming, but the only google results show review or buying mars bars..

I would upload the hdr's and extracted bios, but am limited to 90 odd kb file size.. wow..

Any decent advice that does'nt span a million threads would be nice?

Thanks in advance ;)

Have included RW in the hope it helps, if not me, then someone else..?

Attached Files:

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Decksperiment

Decksperiment MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2015
    #3 Decksperiment, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks for the reply, and the binary. So all I need do is find correct file name for the hdr, copy that to a fat formatted usbstick, and do the bios recovery?

Turns out I also managed to extract the binary myself previous to your posting your version, and I've only been at this for a few hours.. I was watching the speed racer attack on uefi bios's, and noticed in the vid that they mention dell bios's, which I must assume they would not show if it were as impossible as folks think.. I am prepared to donate (in bitcoin) for a wee simple step by step guide on how I should go about this before I actually flash? This wont only help me, but help me to help this community?

Edit:

Ok, got right name of hdr file, however, holding end with power while plugging in power with battery out just takes me to diag screen, so it's a no go for this toy..

4. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Decksperiment

Decksperiment MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2015
    #5 Decksperiment, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    (OP)
    by watching the video, you should be able to figure out the exe's they used, alas, I would'nt be surprised if they wrote the exe's themselves, and not released them online, if they have, I'll find them.. All I wanna do however is figure out how to force flash the uefi on this lappy, and they show how to wipe it.. this to me would be ideal, if I knew how to re-install it..

Edit: Found what your looking for, but cant post due to stupid cant do this or that site restrictions..

So I'll say your running absolute software from your bios, and there's nothing you or everyone else can do about it lol..

As used by NSA

Further edit:

w*w.mitre.org/publications/technical-papers/defeating-signed-bios-enforcement
    h**tp://iafirmware.com/develop/server-development-kit
    h**p://iafirmware.com/develop/development-kit

Scource's: h**p://tianocore.sourceforge.net/wiki/EDK2 <- tianocore Ring any bells?

h**p://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/Fahrplan/system/attachments/2557/original/AttacksOnUEFI_Slides.pdf#page=26&zoom=auto,-46,402

Fek me, another edit: MITRE Copernicus is the software you want for messing with uefi.. now someone please help me with my bios..

I'd post it, but have yet to get any usefull knowledge that allows me to reply enough to post the software..