Helping with unmounting HDD on a brand new Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by juancito1968, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Xariwey

Xariwey MDL Junior Member

Mar 26, 2017
    those are the kind of issues that u could expect from the skip ahead ring, my suggestion is to keep on the rs3 sing for the insiders on fast ring skip ahead, and hope MS chose u, if any problems persist u can send ur feedback to them and help to improve the OS and fix the bugs, so when it reach to us in the 1809 update the rest of us dont have this kind of issuues.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    or just run 17134.1 why test a insider on a high end gaming laptop.

3. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Im testing 17650 on a Lenovo X230 I5 250 GIG SSD no issues with the install, running fine and his laptop is brand new, I don't see why it would not install.

4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    To all,don't take it otherwise but seriously,people complaining about an os in pre-beta stages(aka RS 5) not working on their latest hardware & other ppl considering it as a genuine issue is really over the top.

It is more like you bought a ferrari but got stuck in a traffic jam on a freeway & now angry on the traffic jam for not letting you drive at full speed.

P.S.I am not a gamer but how much double digit performance boost will anyone get in games by using RS 5 over RS 3(or yet to be officially announced RS 4) unless I wrongly assumed that point of a gaming laptop is to,well,play games & not test beta os features.:rolleyes:

5. juancito1968

juancito1968 MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #25 juancito1968, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    (OP)
    Well,
    actually the situatios is as follow:
    I got an offiial Windows 10 Professional reléase installed via externarl USB DVD unit and the technician was unablle to install/updgrade (even using setup.exe from a Windows directory) the latest RS 5.

In his opininion this laptop should not be compatible with what he called ¨unlawful piece of software¨ coz according to him the files I got from the MS servers weren´t original (his opinión, not mine).

Ok, I paid for the unactived installation, and once at home I activaded that Windows, added my Windows Insider account, and in the meanwhile the 18014 build was downloading (but stuck at 98%) I decided to unzip the latest RS5 ISO stored on my external USB HDD, once done it, I´ve executed setup.exe. replied a few MS questions, and, BINGO, everything done.

Now I have the latest RS 5 build running (that I always Will upgrade manually, coz Im not an RS 5 member) and a Windows.old directory that I should delete in any moment.

And not, Im not nor I wont be a gamer. I just need a high-end laptop coz I cant bear no more messages like ¨u ran out of memory¨, ¨close some programs and retry¨, ¨program is not responding¨ etc.

The same thing is happening witth my cellphone. a Samsung J5 Pro 2017; 16 GB memory storage arent enough for all the apps and the manufacturer modified Android unallowing tu use SD card as main storage source, so I`ll have to change of mobile coz no tweaks tried till now for a workaround worked.

Thats what I hate: limiting the user in using a product as he desire; I'll never use a computer or a mobile to play games, but even so the needs of RAM and storage are quite high, and I dont want buy new hardware any year.

This laptop is intended to last for the next two decades I hope, probably due to my age it will be the last one I,ll buy.

No idea (not me, nor you) what kind of hardware future Windows reléase will require; I hope that an x128 wont be released, coz I'll get very very upset.

Im a beta tester, an old friend of mine told about me ¨U wanna use piece of software that still is in the developer´s minds; relax yrself¨.

A very last question, I usually tweak ev´ry Windows that I install.

At this very moment, r circulatin on the web some working scripts for removing MS Edge and Cortana from the latest RS 5 builds for good without using the ¨Take my ownership¨ little piece of software?

Thanks for repliyng.

Cheers.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There isn't any real way to complain about early Pre-Beta Software and that applies to Operating Systems and 'normal' Apps as well. And Windows 10 RS5 is simple an early Pre-Beta OS with a lot of errors, bugs, and, and, and!

Any Complaint should be done to the Developer of that OS/Software only!

By sign up for the Insider Preview of Microsoft, you'd acknowledge that you're aware that, and that this is an unfinished system. Period!

And by using an unfinished OS, you should know very well (as you're also an experienced Beta Tester, as declared by yourself) that many things will go wrong. You also should know, that the Developers of 3.party App's, not those from MS only, are far behind the developing of a new OS, special if that OS is in Pre-Beta Stage. If you could not handle that, please go back to a Release Version of the OS and a legal License and you could official contact MS and try to push MS to solve your Problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    @juancito1968
    "Im a beta tester, an old friend of mine told about me ´U wanna use piece of software that still is in the developer´s minds; relax yrself´."

The buyer's awareness of this fact is a positive side of the purchase of this test equipment.
    P.S.
    Can you find support for this laptop (documentation, drivers) for Windows 10 on the manufacturer's website?

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    He wouldn't because he's using a Pre-Beta of an OS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes. I know that.
    I checked on the manufacturer's website (supplier?).
    Lack of any support.
    The buyer must use the drivers installed by the system or look for them on the component manufacturers' websites. With different results.
    I know these inconveniences from my own experience.

10. juancito1968

juancito1968 MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Folks,
    Im not complaining about nothing.

I perfectly know what a pre-beta stage mean (I also use Basilisk, SlimJet Beta, Win Rar Beta, and ev´ry Alpha/Beta piece of software availabe on the web useful to me.

But….as a car owner tune his own car I tune my Windows, dont mind if is an oficial or Pre-Beta release.

The difference is that, in terms, tuning a Windows is called tweaking and by my sole responsibility I´d like to tune RS 5 builds as lot as posible till they suite my needs.

A lot of people over here do it, even with pcs, overclocking ´em, thats a big risk for the pc itself coz overburning can lead to motherboard burning, or am I wrong?

So I´m not here to be judged as Jesus was by Jews, but to ask a little help to people who have a mind more powerful than mine.

Windows 10 RS 5 is running JUST FINE NOW, NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL; if there´s any complaint it could aimed at Windows 10 OS itself, not to a specific build.

E.G. IMHO Edge is an orrible browser, as Google Chrome is. About Google Chrome I like his technology not his interface, nor the use Google do of it respect to the users.
    MS built Edge as a modern app not just a regual piece of software, alike I.E. and I dislike ´em since Windows 8 was first released.

Tablets and mobiles are a things, pcs other, thats all. Maybe an IE 12 rebuilt from the scratch, open to plugins just alike Chromium (the browser behind Chrome) could be better than Edge.

So about the latest Firefox: when Firefox came out I loved it, before of it I was using Netscape as IE alternative; now Mozilla f**ked it up and lost a sensitive quota of users towards of Pale Moon (in spitte of its limitations) and dying Cyberfox and Waterfox (dying cox they´re based on the esr Branch that will change son to be alike the new Firefox).

I found some software which helps me in tweaking but remowing Edge and Cortana has been turned a manual operation, at least to me.

This is coz am not aware of some new script which does this job on my behalf?

Thats what am now asking for, nothing more, all the remains has been accepted and workarounds has been found.

I could also complain about Linux coz if I install i.e. Kubuntu if I need to install some piece of software I´ve to specifically look for i.e. Kubuntu´s SlimJet not just a Linux SlimJet and that one ot the reasons why Linux doesnt win against Windows IMHO, coz every distro is a different OS and there´s lack of compatibily between the varios softwares for Linux available on the Net.

I suppose I may express an opinion, without pretending to deserve the truth, right?

Backing to the bone, if there`s any tweakear now over here willing to give me a hand I will be really gratefully to him / them.

Regards.

11. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011