Hesitant to Install 7 Just Yet. Need some advice!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by littledebbie, Oct 11, 2009.

1. bonksmeister

bonksmeister MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Go for it!

I can personally vouch for Firefox (versions 3.5.x, to be precise). I'd imagine it wouldn't be a good business decision for MS if its soon-to-be-flagship OS can't run most commercial/popular programs that are available now.

Even if you have a software that somehow can only run on an older MS OS, then there is still the compatibility settings that can be set per program, or get a virtualization software.

My 2 cents: go for it.

2. jimmy2x2x

jimmy2x2x MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    KIS 2010, Firefox and Winamp all run perfectly here on Windows 7 ultimate x64.

Not sure about AIM. (even if it does have a problem, there are plenty of IM clients that support your protocol and Windows 7)

Go for it, you won't look back!

3. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    its up to him now if he want to install win 7 and use kis 2010 without the kaspersky patch for their products that will only be released during the win7 release date.

ill stick to my recommendation given my nature of work, that he should not install win7 right now. its just a few days. he should wait for the patch or new version kaspersky will be releasing during the win 7 release. productive pcs shouldn't be installed with unsupported security products. thats a rule in enterprise world and can be also for typical users like your grandma or sisters. unless if youre the type who wouldnt mind experimenting and your pc isnt for productivity then this wont make sense.

cheers.

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Sigh .... Silvergate, when Win 7 and KIS 2010 are installed, kaspersky will send out the so called patch through an update. So don't try and get people all paranoid over something that amounts to nothing.

5. Tjub

Tjub MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    You don't get an opinion. You use Norton. Way to clog up your memory with useless crap.

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Oh noes!!!! Everyone hurry and uninstall your Windows 7!!! It's not supported till the 22nd!!!! :rolleyes:

7. Tjub

Tjub MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah I uninstalled just incase there is some virus made that will hit windows 7 before microsoft can patch it... because its unsupported and all!
    Lol Virus'

8. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    so youre saying kaspersky has released the patch so that kis 2010 would be fully compatible with win 7? i dont think so. if it was released then this thread should be closed. and im not paranoid, please avoid saying something like that. im entitled to my opinion and im not trolling. we've been here before, situations like these deploying antivirus to new os to hundreds of computers. newer os are the most troublesome in IT management.

im just saying he should wait given his situation. his situation is different from yours. your the type of guy who want to try anything, install anything you want in your computer and then format reinstall or restore image. and he stated he doesnt like that. why just wait. we can all agree that theres nothing to rush for him to migrate to win 7.

im off now to this thread. i cant win all your "yes" to my opinion but im glad ive contributed something. my apologies..

9. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    such immature guy. tsk tsk.

10. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Where did i say Kaspersky has already released a patch? All i said was when it was ready it would be applied through an update.

11. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    So says they guy who installed Norton >.> it's called a sarcastic comment.

12. WeAreNotAlone

WeAreNotAlone MDL Member

Aug 31, 2007
  13. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Really still running the RC version? o_O There's been 10+ builds since 7100 lol... Or did you miss the memo about Build 7600 being RTM?

14. WeAreNotAlone

WeAreNotAlone MDL Member

Aug 31, 2007
    #34 WeAreNotAlone, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    Running 7600 on another machine- will be installing 7600 on this machine soon..
    (Have Win7 Premium Upgrade disc(s) on order, plus some other images- w keys I may be able to use.. Debating whether to cancel the upgrade disc(s), use the other images I have...)

On question I have on the Win7 Premium Upgrade disc(s) is the process to do a clean install with them on a newHD/machine. I was wondering if it was like Vista...Install, then upgrade over install...

(I keep reading conflicting info on the net.)

If it's not like Vista... then I use the other images... or look around for work-arounds...