Hi Guys, I'm new around here and I'm kinda desperated

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Taranx, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Taranx

Taranx MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Hi, well as the title says I'm new around here but i still hope you could all help me out.
    (sorry for my bad english btw).

Well, I've been facing this issue for a while now and i'm kinda desperated about it. I've acquired a Inspiron 17R SE 7720, it came with w8 and I decided to uninstall it and install W7. Now that i install the OS and the relevant drivers I found out that my laptop wasn't recognizing my Graphic Card (which is a nVIDIA Geforce GT 650M).I read that the a16 bios update Fixed this issue. when I try to install it I get an error saying: "ERROR 216: Failed to read BIOS from ROM! Status = 1604".

I've been trying to get the .rom file of a16 bios upgrade but I haven't found it yet and i couldn't extract it either. And as an extra issue i cannot get into my bios setup (the one you get when you reboot) so i'm pretty much lost here and i'd really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance.

Taranx.

(Sorry again for my bad english).

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  4. Taranx

Taranx MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Thanks for your response!

I've tried that command already, still not working. I've installed w8.1 and it doesn't recognize my Graphics card or Bios, I can't still enter in the BIOS setup... I was hoping if some of you could give me a direct download link of a .rom file of the a16 dell bios update, i'd really apprecciate that.