HID over I2C touchpad & Windows 7 issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cincinnatus, Aug 12, 2018.

1. cincinnatus

cincinnatus MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2017
    #1 cincinnatus, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cincinnatus

cincinnatus MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2017
    Microsoft users are not sheep, they can quit you know.
    The number of applications that support Linux seems to be growing,
    and I already use it for my servers, I might use it for my desktop too.
    I will, if this issue isn't fixed or Windows 10 doesn't get MUCH better.

This is not really funny.
    If what is annoying you is the thread title, please be informed that I can't change it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Globally, most people buy hardware with windows pre-installed and have no problems with it.

Afaik, MSFT doesn't support 7 on kabylake.

Thread title can be changed by using the Thread Tools button at the top right part of the forum.

4. cincinnatus

cincinnatus MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2017
    True but I am more interested in your opinion than the average user. What do you think of Windows 10?

I admit I didn't try it very much (just the time to get annoyed by automatic updates and tiles) but I read much worse things.
    I can tell you some if you want.

True but it works great if you are lucky enough not to get an elan touchpad.

Thanks, didn't see that.

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    i am sorry, i have been on the road and no way to read this earlier.
    i had no intention to be insulting. on the other hand.... your sense of humor seems not very developed.

but i need to insist on the sad and simple truth that the vast majority of MS users are sheep....
    i know... i was one of them, and so was almost everyone else....

unlike you, i have no real understanding of linux and everytime i tried it, i soon went back to win7, which simply does everything i need and.....linux just cannot.
    also, surely even you must be aware of the insulting and contemptuous tone that runs wild in linux forums, used by little children trying to feel superior....

so, no hard feelings, i hope? this is a great forum, some are grumpy, some are sarcastic, but everyone will support everyone else, if possible