Hidden Icons on Taskbar Windows 10 Build 10162

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by armadillotuff, Jul 5, 2015.

1. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    On Windows 8.1 Professional X64 you were able to right click on the hidden Icon in the task Bar and then customize it for showing the icons you wanted on the bar.

Windows 10 Build 10162, this feature currently doesn't work. If you right click on the hidden icon you won't get the word, "customize" to pop up, instead you get a screen where you have to click on "properties, then in the Notification area click on "Customize" and then under Quick Actions. "choose your quick action" and here you can turn on the icons you want to see on the taskbar.

From what I see Microsoft recognizes this as a problem and is working on correction it in the final version, so this is just a work around for the time being.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    It is about time that mods take action upon every new useless thread made by ppl who cannot read or cannot ask questions in , like stickies, or other already existing threads. This is a MESS and I hope there will be measures quite soon :eek:

3. grumpee

grumpee MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    simple if want it to look like win 8.1 then continue using win 8.1 this is win 10 things change its designed for phones, tablets get over it deal with the future

4. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    As for me, I find this useful information that I did not see anywhere until today.

5. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    This has already been discussed a long time ago. If you have any questions please post in threads that start with [DISCUSSION]
    I really getting tired of all these posts today o_O