Hosed Vista key, now asking for new key upon startup. HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by x3ro, Jan 14, 2009.

1. x3ro

x3ro MDL Novice

May 27, 2008
    I screwed up and I'm hoping that someone can help me solve it:

Here's what happened:

1. I had Vista Ultimate installed for close to a year now, activated and genuine using VistaLoader 3.0.0.1

2. This weekend I downloaded the Windows 7 beta, and installed it on a separate partition.

3. Once I did that, I realized I screwed up, and had to put in my Vista DVD to repair the boot thingy so I could dual boot both OSes.

4. Once I booted back into Vista, I noticed that my activation thing said "15 days left before you must activate Vista"

5. I tried to uninstall VistaLoader 3.0.0.1, and used the VOATK tools to remove the key and blah blah.

6. Now when I boot back to Vista, and try to log on, I get the prompt asking me to enter a valid key.

What the hell am I possibly doing wrong? Please! I can't do a fresh format of vista, as there's tons of stuff I need to back up.

I was trying to use WoW6 and boot from usb or cd, but I can't get them to boot! I don't know WTF is wrong. I have the boot order set correctly in the bios and everything, but it won't boot from USB or CD :(

2. cliffro

cliffro MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2008
    LOL, not to laugh at your situation or anything BUT I had the same thing happen.

I tried everything shy of using a modded BIOS, since I was like a fraidy cat about using one......Till I realized it was my only option short of reinstalling.

So yeah, I recommend using a modded bios, and then install the cert and key.