How about that SourceForge?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by LordSamanon, Jun 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #21 Mutoid, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

Agreed !

I wanted to try Bodhi Linux but I could only find the download on Sourceforge , so I chose to do without it , for now.
    I just can't live with all the bundled crapware .... and yes , I know all the arguments .... economic necessities ,
    changing business models etc , etc ...

Sad to say , but that's the way wind blows ....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #23 Mutoid, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Another MDL member kindly gave a link to download Bodhi from Softpedia ....

unfortunately it links straight to Sourceforge .... irritating !

4. November_Zulu

November_Zulu MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Major Geeks has reliably and consistently delivering high-quality software that is clean, malware and crapware free, with a minimum of nags and hassles for years. I don't go anywhere else:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

5. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    SourceForge (or how I call it: Source-poopy-forge) is now under new management (since this year) - Slashdot Media to be specific. So most issue are now fixed, there is also no crapware bundles anymore. So for me there is nothing wrong with SourceForge but I still prefer other services, not because SF past history more because I crow up with others.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep dude I also see this and I know about Slashdot since old times I like dudes on it, and I also agree with you about past history about SF :)