How can I rearm or Activate Windows 7 Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by boonc, Jul 20, 2009.

1. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
  2. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Boonc, What is on your version of win 7 rtm? If nothing important, why not just re-install it again which will give you the original 30 days again? Did the toolkit i sent you work or not?

3. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    bruinator, My Win 7 version is 7600.16385 RTM. Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Profressional and Ultimate are can use 30 days for trial but Enterprise Edition it's set to 3 days for trial even I re-install or fresh install it's still 3 days for trial.

4. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Sorry boonc, I did not know that until now. :eek:

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Nope, Enterprise (and Business VL) use VA2.0 which requires a KMS server on the network, or a MAK key. As with Vista VL, there are no "unlimited" pre-activated VL keys. MAK keys use the same online activation as retail; the KMS server has to be activated but then its clients activate only to it, not MS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. YeRoC

YeRoC MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2007
    You can still use it for 30 days and rearm it. The 3 days is just until it tries automatic activation. To prove this just set your date ahead 3 or more days and reboot. Now go to System in the control panel and the 3 days warning will be gone and it will say 27 days left to activate.

7. SeventhUser

SeventhUser MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2009
  8. SeventhUser

Jul 6, 2009
  9. SeventhUser

Jul 6, 2009
    Try slmgr.vbs -upk which will hopefully remove your KMS pseudo-key. After that try slmgr.vbs -rearm again. Or just use another edition like everyone else :D

10. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    Dear all of member of this thread.

I have missed understand about Windows 7 enterprise's show in computer properties. It's said "3 days before automatic activation". It's not 3 days for grace period. So now I'm try to disable automatic activation to make it show 30 days same as Windows 7 Ultimate and I'll rearm before it's expire.

Sorry to trouble all of you.

11. SeventhUser

Jul 6, 2009
    It's OK, I hope we did help some people understand a few basic things about licensing and activation :)

12. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007

that was winxp.. vlk is no longer loopback auto activate, as this other poster did answer as well:)

13. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    By the way, Someone please tell me how to Enable/Disable Automatic Activation on Windows 7 RTM.

14. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    Sorry again, I'm using Ultimate but I want to know how to do and I want to learn about this Edition's function.

15. boonc

boonc MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    I have success to disable automatic activation of Windows 7 enterprise. Now my Windows 7 enterprise is show 30 days like Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you all.

16. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    #38 psi, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
    Someone try activating Windows 7 using BinBin KMS activation used for vista?

Edit:

Hmmm... read this:

Token-based Activation is a specialized activation option available for approved Microsoft Volume Licensing customers. It is designed for use in specific scenarios, where the end systems are completely disconnected from the network or phone. This option enables customers to use public key infrastructure (PKI) and digital certificates (or tokens, typically stored on smart cards) to activate Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows Server 2008 R2 locally without contacting either customer-hosted KMS or the Microsoft-hosted activation service using MAK. For more information about Token-based Activation, contact a Microsoft Account Team or Services Representative.

Key Management Service
    KMS activates computers on a local network, eliminating the need for individual computers to connect to Microsoft. To do this, KMS uses a client–server topology. KMS client computers can locate KMS host computers by using Domain Name System (DNS) or a static configuration. KMS clients contact the KMS host by using remote procedure call (RPC). KMS can be hosted on computers that are running the Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2.

17. sumitsen

sumitsen MDL Novice

May 27, 2009
    I tried activating the windows professional 7 with the Melainda gates KMS server, & it doesn't work. It gives the message KMS server is unavailable even though KMS server can activate Vista Business & Enterprise alright.

Maybe we need a KMS server hosted on a windows 7 machine.

18. lukey101

lukey101 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2011