How can I stop Windows TP from interfering with my HTA scripts?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Dave Dummy, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Dave Dummy

Dave Dummy MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2014
    I have several HTA scripts that I use to create image files. They are slow and often take some time to run. I don't care. They run fine and without interference in Windows 7 x64 with IE 11. When I try to run these same scripts in Windows TP, I get a popup interruption:

<quote message box>
    Stop running this script?
    A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.
    If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.
    Buttons: YES/NO
    </quote>

I have to click the "NO" button to proceed. This can happen many times in a given code execution, making my scripts almost unusable. How can I kill this annoying watchdog?

2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I think you need to check your script properly if you are using a Windows or console application. Somehow the wscript not well written can cause such error. Try to change your wscript to cscript and I would suggest you use CreateProcess at the starting of your script and see if that helps.

3. Dave Dummy

Dave Dummy MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2014
    Thank you. Since I am the only one who will ever run this script, I opted for the registry tweak, which worked fine with IE 11 as used by the MSHTA program.

4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Sorry, you never stated it is Javascript. I thought you are getting it from Windows script until I see HTA script now. I should have asked to post your code in the first place.