How can I (typical home user) purchase LTSB? How difficult would it be? Is it affordable?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by adabo, Jul 20, 2017.

1. monstertruckpa

monstertruckpa MDL Junior Member

Apr 5, 2016
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    why shout you him all that, why? should you say him these in Portuguese lang and see if you are better..hahahaha

2. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    I was the one who said LTSB was not nearly as "business only" as multiple other posts suggested. I simply had the gall to give a real example as to why LTSB is a solid OS for even a home user who multitasks:

"In short: LTSB is nowhere near what a few people in this thread have acted it as - and that is an OS exclusive for a corporate environment. On the contrary, I run LTSB on one of my ThinkPad T470s' specifically for a company I'm often contracted out to for global security reasons. With the ability to actually pause full processes (not just services, but full processes), its lower resource requirements and the like, even datamining tens of thousands of fairly large documents while multitasking between video editing, podcast streaming and recording progress via video conferencing all works seamlessly and has never given me any issues. Aside from LTSB's pickiness with series 10 NVIDIA GPUs, it's a very solid OS for home if you're comfortable with not getting updates at any regular interval.

And gaming performance on LTSB is negligible compared to the more optimized, and regularly updated, versions of Windows 10. It does not provide a clear drop in gaming experience like Windows Server does, despite both having almost identical startup process hardware consumption in fresh OEM installations."

...so I'm not sure why you insinuate my opinion of LTSB is a polar opposite of yours.

Lastly, if you want respect then you need to give respect.

"@ GodHand I disagree when you refer that LTSB(LTSC) is negligible when comparing with another versions of Windows 10 and also sorry but I think that you don't understand nothing about gaming experience because maybe you already very occuped with your BIG job everyday."

Hardly a respectful comment to my post about LTSB, and also completely incorrect in context. Did you even bother reading the entire thread, or did you just decide to chime in on a whim (yes, indeed)?

Anyways, this has become tedious since reading seems to be difficult for some users in this thread, so I digress.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    how to reactivate or get reset trial license expiration for ltbs?

5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    If you're using a trial version it would be best to start fresh with an actual volume license copy, as opposed to the trial. You can find a download link in my sig. Once you have it installed, you can use this to activate it and never worry about it again. https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/unread

6. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    I have this versión of ISO downloaded directly from microsoft.
    14393.0.160715-1616.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_EVAL_X64FRE_ES-ES.ISO
    you has assumed that my version is a trial shared by microsoft for tests purpose only?
    then, My IS0 is not a similar IS0 that your link?
    you says me that I should to download your version and download an activator.

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    It's in the name of the iso EVAL that means evaluation/trial so get the decend one from GOD666 I guess

8. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    #69 monstertruckpa, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Thanks for instructions, but the links ltsb ISO from @GOD666 are in english, i need in other language. please
    es_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059485 .iso spanish (important)
    de_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059485 .iso deutsche (optional)
    could you help me find them?

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  10. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    #72 Cipher, Sep 3, 2017
    Microsoft only have themselves to blame for people wanting to install and use the LTSB version of W10 over Pro.
    A majority of end users just want a stable and consistent O/S experience without all the extra bloat and large time consuming updates every 6 months or so.

So to say LTSB is not for meant for consumers makes me laugh, this is exactly what we want.

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  13. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    #75 monstertruckpa, Sep 3, 2017
    Make me fell happy great buddy, thanks for education, im opening the bottle of champagne
    :tankyou:

14. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016

So many thanks for all your effort, you help me a lot! too kisses for you, MUAKS!: :hug2:

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm I don't need/want start some useless discussion here is only waste of time talk with arrogant and futile person I simply have compassion for this poor of spirit :censored: ;):rip::shutup3::shisha:

16. AXm77

AXm77 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    Can someone explain, what Newegg selling?? (can't post a link)

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 - Upgrade license - 1 license - Open License - Single Language - $275.00

"Upgrade Only for Professional Versions of Windows . Requires 5 points (Qty 5) or an Existing Microsoft Authorization Number."

What that points are, or what is that number?

17. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    You order 5 licenses through Microsoft and after 5, they issue you an Open Microsoft Authorization Number. That authorization number is then used by a reseller of Volume Licensing software to assign an Open License to it, which in this case would be a license for Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016.

18. AXm77

AXm77 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks for explanation.