How can I upgrade my computer?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Polyester, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Polyester: Pretty much the same performance increase. If the SSD is a primary HD, you fill it up pretty fast. :(
    So, you'll probably want to get as large a drive as You can afford, just to avoid having to add another SSD or offload duties to a platter drive.

Ultimately, you'll end up having to do what LatinMcG suggested in His reply.

@jime1: That happens when you don't disable smilies in text. :)

like :eek: is actually ':' 'o' strung together. (Without the single quotes) :)

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BoW_86

BoW_86 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2013
    Yes indeed, and the speed difference ( on same model obviously ) goes between 6 and 9 percent more for the greater capacity models.

3. cesgaz

cesgaz MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    Use the 128 GB SSD as primary HDD for the operating system, install the other software on the secondary HDD, 8GB of memory seems to be enough but consider to increase it, is not very expensive. Install a good graphic/video card, the on board video chip share memory with the system and is not the best option play games.

4. Polyester

Polyester MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Should I buy graphics card?:g:

5. Polyester

Sep 4, 2014
  6. Polyester

Sep 4, 2014
    Do you mean 128GB SSD and 256GB SSD are not different to the speed?
    :death::bruce_h4h::bashtroll::starwars:

7. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #28 jime1, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Ya, userbenchmark site is very good for deciding what to buy according to our budget/performance needs
    we can compare almost every PC part on it:)

8. Polyester

Sep 4, 2014

I'm considering that I should buy a graphics card or not...:sneaky:o_O

9. cesgaz

cesgaz MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    Your I3 processor integrate an Intel HD graphics 4400 video chip that share the memory with the system. It is not a bad option if you use your computer for office but, in my opinion, it's the first thing you have to upgrade.