How can we change the menu highlight color in Windows 7? (Aero Glass)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 00000001, Jan 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. robert_b

robert_b MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    Thank you for this thread, I've always wondered about how to change the hover color

2. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    If you have Style Builder then check: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ListView > ListItem > Selected

btw.
    I've been messing around with Aero Glass and nothing... once I made "all programs" transparent background - fonts are invisible, doesn't matter if I change to white, black, etc. or add shadow....it just doesn't work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
  5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    hahaha! few hours is nothing compare to few months ....keep looking bud :biggrin:

try few more locations:

Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupbackground
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupborders
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupcheck
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupcheckbackground
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupgutter
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupitem
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupseparator
    Lists, menus & tabs > menu > popupsubmenu

6. ghazalo

ghazalo MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    shut down button

please guys if there is any help about the shut down button i want to shift it to the right or if some one help me telling me what is the shut down button image file number cause i use restorator

see the image the button sicked to the left frame of the theme

many thanks

Attached Files:

7. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    @ghazalo
    I already posted in different thread that you would have to use Style Builder to change location of the shut down button.

To do this you need to change values in:
    Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Logoff CONTENTMARGINS:MARGINS
    Start Menu > Panels > Basic > LogoffExtended CONTENTMARGINS:MARGINS

I changed 1st value from 5 to 45 - it moved the position to the right, see screen shots below....

Untitled.jpg 2Untitled.jpg

If you want I could do that for ya, just send me your *.msstyle

8. afx1660

afx1660 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011
    highligt menu

I am new to this forum and had the same thoughts concerning the light blue color. I could edit images (captures) but that would be time consuming. Here is my problem(s):
    I like Resource Tuner but locating the image is (as you say, very time conuming). With SyleBuilder, they don't list U.S> on the pay pal page and I am not sure what that means.
    Can I talk you into sharing your edited image, that way I could know for sure I have the correct image located. I can edit if necessary. Image 1107 (Home premium 32 bit) doesn't look quite right to me. I would like to edit the correct image and with your assistance I think I can make it. Or, do you have other advice? Thanks, T

9. mikeynavy1

mikeynavy1 MDL Novice

May 11, 2011
    I have Style Builder as well and went to the Lists, Menus & Tabs > Menu > PopUp Item...and assume you went to the "Hot" image. I exported it as a *.png and was going to use Photoshop to change the color. I don't mind leaving it blue...just a little bit "darker." How do I do this?