How could I install clen Vista on SLIC Laptop....!!1

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pumpkit, Dec 18, 2008.

1. pumpkit

pumpkit MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2008
    My older brother gave me his XPS M1330 as my birthday present.... Unfortunately... It has so many errors also doesn't have any image backup or recovery partition.... So now I decided to install clean Vista on it... I've downloaded some version Vista OEM and burn it into DVD and installed sucessfully on many laptops before.... But now, the SLIC on this XPS's BIOS prevent me to complete the process.... Any solution to install Vista in my situation.... Thanks for any helps.....!!!

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    How is the slic preventing install of vista????

Does it even have a slic in bios???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pumpkit

pumpkit MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2008
    After the first restart of the installation process.... the black screen appeared and have some error notifications.... I believe that this SLIC on the ACPI is the main cause.... That's why I have to find DELL original Vista DVD to install but now I don't have it .....!!!!

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Maybe the vista you downloaded has a bootloader slipped into it and is causing the error. I fail to see how the slic would do anything other than not allow activation.

Be sure the download is clean and original. Most RTM or OEM on torrents are modified..If it doesnt require activation, it is not legit..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pumpkit

pumpkit MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2008
    So, now where could I download the fresh Vista ISO for my XPS.....!!! Please...!!

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If this was your brothers machine and he bought it from dell you can request recovery cd's but if the machine came with xp installed and not vista then it is xp cd's that dell will send you.

P.S. dell recovery cd/dvd are free but you can only request 1 copy.