How did Office Home & Business 2013 install in a second??

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ian82, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I copied my Office Home & Business 2013 disc to my SSD D: Folder for easier installation, I launched setup from the D: where I copied the files, it asked for my product key and started installing! It didn't ask me what components I want to install like usual, but what's even more strange, it finished the setup within like 3 seconds and ended.

So I thought this can't be right, it must have not installed itself on C: but maybe it is just linking a shortcut to where the original files are on D:

but when I checked, it actually had copied 1.5 GB on "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\"

1) How in the world did it finish the setup so fast?????

2) Why didn't it ask me for the components I want to install, for my name, initials, ETC?

3) Is my license for 1 year only or is it a permanent license? It is a boxed version

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Great links, now I understand, buy my version is Home & Business not 360

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  4. mdlguy10

mdlguy10 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    1. When you launch the installer, it begins installing files in the background whether you continue with the installation or not. At least that's how I think it does it so fast.

2. There is no option to pick and choose for Click-to-run installs. Microsoft is pissing off a lot of people like myself.

3. It's permanent.