How do I backup my licence on HP Stream 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ganoo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ganoo

Ganoo MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2014
    #1 Ganoo, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    I want to get rid of this UEFI/HP/Recovery partition garbage. This thing only has a Micro USB port so I need to use an OTG cable I assume. From there I think I need to disable UEFI and enable legacy so I can boot into the ISO then delete the partitions, unless theres a way to do a clean install on UEFI. Pretty sure the OS is Windows 8.1 with Bing but IDK where to download that iso :g:. I could DO a VL KMS install but then I would not be able to get my free Windows 10 when its released. Then again, how exactly will I activate my free copy of Windows 10 if I try do a clean install? :g:

FU MS for making us go through all these damn steps just to re-install our OS :mad:.

For Win 7 you just dled a home premium/pro/ultimate ISO, installed it, used the key on your laptop/desktop, and that was it!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    There is NO legacy setting on the Stream 7 (nor any other Tablet I've seen) although you can switch 'Secure Boot' On or Off.
    Yes, you'll need an OTG cable. But you'll also need a USB Hub (ideally powered), a Keyboard and Mouse (as the touch screen won't work), as well as the DVD/USB drive your using to install the OS.

You've already found one of the problems your going to have i.e. getting hold of a 'Windows 8 with Bing' ISO/DVD.
    The other is that the OS on the Stream 7 is compressed with 'WimBoot' if you do a normal install it will take up a lot more room. Even when you delete the 5GB+ recovery partitions, you won't gain any extra room.