How do I remove any Cracks or Patches?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bodgeup, Nov 2, 2013.

1. bodgeup

bodgeup MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2013
    Is there a way to remove any windows 8 Activation patches or cracks before I upgrade to windows 8.1? Ive managed to upgrade OK but I did have an issue with the Black screen after login, from what i saw on google this isnt an uncommon bug. People get a black screen after logging on but the cursor is still visable and you can call up taskmgr which allows u to run commands. Anyway I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some errors which it fixed, so i thought thats it then. It booted up fine this time so i assumed it was cured but the next reboot the same thing again.

I wondered if it could be an old activator that is somehow still active and changing system files, I'm not totally sure that's the problem but its worth trying. Which is why I am writing this post, I need to know is there an app that will remove any activators and repair what they changed? I can't remember what activator I used other wise I would have tried that out to see if it had a remove option.

So if anyone can help or has an idea I'd really appreciate the reply.

Thanks

Bodgeup

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #2 PaulDesmond, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    lol ... simply think about a clean install which is the only way to go. Forget any fiddling because it is wasted time. Sorry to say :D

edit: and say thank you to these idiots who have distributed that crap :p

3. xbcn

xbcn MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2010
    Old version of startisback installed ? if yes, remove with ccleaner via taskmanager run