How do I root my Android phone for Kali Nethunter?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Mlke9876, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, I have an Alcatel A466BG. I'm trying to root it so I can install Kali Nethunter. I've been watching videos on YouTube about Kali but I need to root my phone first. There's a lot of info on Google about rooting but I can't get it to work. I've tried Framaroot but it says the exploit won't work on my phone. I tried SuperSU but it says I need root to run it. I have Android SDK on my PC and installed "platform tools." I turned on Developer mode, USB debugging and OEM unlock. I pressed Power and Volume Up and got to that menu. I reset my phone to factory settings so I'd have more room. My phone shows up on platform tools cmd using "adb devices." That's where my problem starts. I don't know how to unlock bootloader and when I switch to the other menu (with reset options) it doesn't show up anymore. Not even under "adb devices." I tried entering "adb reboot-bootloader" but it just restarts and goes to the normal android phone home screen. I tried "fastboot -i 0x1bbb oem device-info" and it says "waiting for device." I'm not sure how to boot into fastboot and unlock my bootloader. Or why my phone doesn't show up on my PC after pressing power and up volume. Also, can I use my MicroSD card on my phone to upgrade 5 GB to 16GB? Please reply with instructions. Thank you

2. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Anyone? I'll check this forum for Android stuff.

3. btm

btm MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2015
    maybe try magisk for root?

and the new nethunter module (dosnt work for me)
    forum.xda-developers.
    com/android/software-hacking/kali-nethunter-magisk-t3676681

and why dont use a custom recovery or rom? is there something like this for this phone? search and ask this on XDA.

4. Jasserty

Jasserty MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2017
    Notes : Rooting can causes some damage for user , maybe you can lose other data from your Android phone ,

5. steinom

steinom MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    In my opinion are the negative thing that you will not be able to update hand set OTA after root, OTA will not work for root'ed hand set.You can download OTA and then manually install any update but you have to read some at XDA to see how to do it cause it is normally not stright forward...