How do I uninstall 'Mixed Reality Portal' and 'Windows Defender Security Center' ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Konstantinos_, Mar 25, 2017.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Damn it guys, thank you for all the info, but not all of us are as advanced as you are. I need a step by step guide of exactly how to do it - could you please link me to a guide?

I was also wondering if it would be easier to get rid of Cortana and WinDefend and such using an external 3rd party tool like Hiren's Boot CD, but more modern and up to date of course..?

2. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #22 MonarchX, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Awesome, now would you care to share how to use DB Browser? I have NO experience or understanding of SQLite and what to do with it... I did figure out how to use RunAsTIPlus though!

EDIT: OK, I sort of figured it out on my own, but no matter how I try to copy the new file, it will not let me have permission, even though State Repository service is completely disabled... Taking ownership did not work and neither did copying as Trusted Installer...

3. azet

azet MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2015
    I mention the procedure below. I am Czech, and I do not have time for translation into English. Please use the translator.

Jak odstranit systémové aplikace z "C:\Windows\SystemApps"

1. stáhnout program "DB Browser for SQLite": h**p://sqlitebrowser.org
    (přímý odkaz: h**ps://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/releases/download/v3.9.1/DB.Browser.for.SQLite-3.9.1-win64.exe)

2. stáhnout program "RunAsTIplus": h**p://krakatoa.www3.cz/runastiplus.php
    (přímý odkaz: h**p://krakatoa.www3.cz/download/RunAsTIplus_x64.exe)

3. zkopírovat soubor "StateRepository-Machine.srd"
    ze složky "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository" na "Plochu"

4. spustit soubor "DB.Browser.for.SQLite-3.9.1-win64.exe"
    a nainstalovat program "DB Browser for SQLite"

5. spustit program "DB Browser for SQLite"
    (cesta: C:\Program Files\DB Browser for SQLite\DB Browser for SQLite.exe)

6. v programu "DB Browser for SQLite" zvolit položku "Open Database"
    a na "Ploše" vyhledat soubor "StateRepository-Machine.srd" (All files (*))

7. po načtení souboru "StateRepository-Machine.srd"
    zvolit záložku "Browse Data" a z roletky "Table:" vybrat položku "Package" (stisknout "P")

8. najít pole "PackageFullName" a do "Filter" zadat "název/část názvu" aplikace
    (přehled aplikací: jako admin spustit "CMD" -> "powershell" -> "Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName")

9. v poli "IsInbox" u vyfiltrované aplikace
    změnit hodnotu z "1" na "0" a kliknout na "Apply"

10. stisknout "CTRL+S" pro uložení změn v souboru "StateRepository-Machine.srd"
    a ukončit program "DB Browser for SQLite"

11. jako admin spustit soubor "RunAsTIplus_x64.exe" (RunAsTIplus),
    načež se otevře okno "CMD" s oprávněním "TrustedInstaller"

12. v okně "CMD" zadat příkaz:
    copy "C:\Users\user_name\Desktop\StateRepository-Machine.srd" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository"

13. jako admin spustit "powershell" a zadat příkazy:
    Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
    Get-AppxPackage *název/část názvu aplikace* | Remove-AppxPackage

(** = tt)

4. NsaFarm

NsaFarm MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2017
    That's really granular.

5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #25 MonarchX, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    THANK YOU :worthy::worthy::worthy:, but I had it figured out before you posted after a lot of tinkering :D:D:D. I did not use RunAsTIPlus, I used good old Process Hacker 3.0.435 and it also let's you run something as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM . I also have it instead of Task Manager - it is one hell of an amazing tool! I just used it to solve my problem of "Run as Admin" error with WIM_Tweak. I used SYSTEM to launch Start.cmd and it got rid of Cortana entirely without breaking the Start menu! Not only that, but I no longer have to use "Take Ownership" or "Disable UAC". I just run whichever .exe file as SYSTEM and it let's me edit anything I want without messing up permissions, making my Admin account look like a nice guy / good boy who doesn't touch anything system-related .

I do have one problem with this command:

- It still cannot kill State Repository Service. It MUST be killed to delete 3 (THREE) files, not just the SRD, but the 2 other ones - SHM and WAL. If you just force-copy SRD, then the OS will use edited SRD, but original SHM and WAL. The only solution I found was to use Autoruns64.exe As Admin (or as SYSTEM through Process Hacker) and manually disable State Repository Service, Token Broker, Time Broker, and Tile Data model server BEFORE killing the process with commands I provided above. I keep UAC Enabled, but if you have UAC Disabled, you can just use Unlocker to delete those files...

Oh, could you guys share which Package you removed without breaking the OS and breaking the Start Menu? I set them ALL to 0 in my previous try and then removed them all! The OS booted, but I did not bother to look that Immersive Control Panel (Settings) was one of the packages in the SRD file and while I could live without Store, I could not live without Settings... I also know the system completely refused to to remove the NET Runtime and VCLibs, so you can leave those at 1.

I also wanted to say that none of this worked AFTER I applied the Drivers, Service, Task tweaks on one of recent threads on this forum. I think you should remove packages first, and only then change/disable and test (in this order): Tasks, Services, Driver Services.

EDIT: Oh damn, Start Meny broke after this.., but it did not break after Cortana removal... I wonder if setting Inbox to 0 will make it easier for WIM Tweak to get rid of packages better?!

EDIT 2: It works again! I finally got rid of those nasty Metro Start 10 shortcuts for Connect, Windows Defender, etc. Now I will give ShellExperienceHost a try, even though I am sure it will break something...

6. MsftGaurav

MsftGaurav MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    Remove holo packages

8. maestrosir

maestrosir MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I see no reason to remove the holo package. It is not that huge.