How do you activate win 7 via phone?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by baskinghobo, Sep 18, 2009.

1. baskinghobo

baskinghobo MDL Junior Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Just wondering how you can do this. Is this method better then a bios flash?

2. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    this has nothing to do with a bios flash. when you try to activate online automatically, if it doesn't let you, you're given the option of phone activation. you call the number and talk to a machine. you give them some numbers, they give you numbers back. you put the numbers into your activation window, and then its activated.

3. baskinghobo

baskinghobo MDL Junior Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Ok, how can i do this?

4. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    The problem with this method is that it's not fully offline and thus leaves an electronic trail. BIOS mods are superior in that they facilitate an activation method that is completely offline, and thus much more low-profile than an illegitimate phone activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    i have activated my single dreamspark key of Windows Server 2008 at least 15 times on different machines. The people in india don't care you just tell them the numbers they spit out a code. Those people are so overworked and underpaid it makes illegal immigrants look like CEOs.

6. JUD

JUD MDL Member

Aug 24, 2009
    #6 JUD, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    Its all automated isnt it????....then where is the question of spitting out the code and overworked,underpaid and all????

7. JUD

JUD MDL Member

Aug 24, 2009
    #7 JUD, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    Ok here is how u can do this....
    1)make sure you r offline(not connected to net)
    2)now right click on computer(my computer in XP) and navigate to properties where you get details about whether ur windows is activated or not
    3)at the bottom you can see "change product key"...click it and type ur product key
    4)say next and it shows u 3 ways to activate....select the option "show me other ways to activate"
    5) now select ur country and u get a phone number...dial the same and follow the automated voice
    6)they will ask for installation id which u would have get from step 5.....spell the same to them and if ur key is a valid one they will give u a confirmation ID
    7) insert the same in the window u have in step 5....and ur windows will be activated

next time if u format ur system and install win 7 again(pls note u have to install the same version again which you activated before):
    u dont need to call them as u would have to insert ur key and the confirmation id since both the installation id and confirmation id for ur machice would not change until you do do a hardware change :)
    OR
    make a backup of pkeyconfig.xml and tokens.dat...so that next time if you want to activate ur windows all u need to do is just replace the same (with the ones u had taken a backup) and insert ur key and ur windows is activated

8. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    it is automated for the first 3 or 4 activations, after the phone automation can't activate the key it will transfer you to a rep which will.