How do you want to open this File? Annoying Popup

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rvnlord, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rvnlord

rvnlord MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2013
    #1 rvnlord, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Can somebody help me with this? The thing is since forever I am using customized context menus

Instead of open, print and other stuff I got:

for example for.png files:

Open (Picasa)
    Open (Picture Manager)
    Open (Photoshop)
    Take Ownership
    etc

The thing is, in win10, everytime I select option other than default associated app, I got popup "How do you want to open this file? ", and when I select something else than default app, obviously it breaks my whole menu cuz it changes the associated type. If I choose nothing it won't let me open with the app of my choice from the menu.

Question is, how to get rid of this "Manager" popping up everytime, actually I dont need it at all, I want it removed, erased.

Would be grateful for help.

And yes, I am absolutely hundred percent sure that all provided paths and commands are correct.

2. Arnie25

Arnie25 MDL Junior Member

Jul 8, 2015
    When you 'choose another app' make sure that 'Always use this app ****' is not ticked, then it wont change the default setting.

3. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rvnlord

rvnlord MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2013
    Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate your help, will check the app, cuz I hate this "Manager", but in the meantime I found the issue:

My menu option should look like:
    "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OIS.EXE" /shellOpen "%1"

instead accidentally I used system variables that are not present in the current system:

"E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\OIS.EXE" /shellOpen "%1"