How Has the $OEM$ Unattended Installation Mechanism Been Changed for Win 10 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mr-roboto, Aug 1, 2015.

1. mr-roboto

mr-roboto MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2008
    Since Windows XP days at least, I've been nursing along pretty much the same unattended installation setup, w/ minimal changes over the years. Surprisingly, I didn't have to do anything of consequence, to make my Win7+Win8 AIO work: just insert the proper ei.cfg & drop $OEM$ into \sources, and that was it.

Anyway, I thought I'd be so lucky w/ Win10, but not happening. I did what I described above and near the end of the install, after over an hour+a half, I got stuck at the blue screen w/ the big revolving cue balls, but the system never made it to user creation, til I crashed+reset the VM. I did observe that SETUP copied the \install directory to C:, but it never launched the RUNONCE script.

A few GOOGLE searches have produced no insights, altho my last search included a tangential link which reminded me of MDL. Know the ISO is sound bec it installs fine w/o customizations. I know there's a nearby thread on a MSOFT customization/deployment kit, before undertaking such a major detour, I figured I ask if there's a Q-n-D solution ? TIA....

2. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    same bro.. i done make autounattend installation as same as win 7 .. all working same
    but i am not making those aio .. only plain one iso per os... all installer is not same for me...