How many here uses Technet - and what do you think about the price?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by myhken, Aug 5, 2010.

?

Do you have Technet or want to get Technet

1. Yes, I have Technet today, and I think it's good value

25.1%
  2. Yes, I have Technet today, but I think the price is to high

3.9%
  3. No, I don't have Technet, but I want to get an account

38.6%
  4. No, I don't have Technet, and I don't want it.

7.7%
  5. I'm buying Windows and Office in a retail store or on MS internet store

0.5%
  6. I'm never paying for any MS product, always using Loaders, KMS or other hacks.

24.2%
  1. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #21 acyuta, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    So that means everything can be done from my PC in India (paid for, id created, except for the address part). Will have to generate a new livemail ID.
    In India, there is no online purchase method at all (contact reseller who will sell it to you after physical payment).
    Worst case: my relative (wife's sister) generates an account in the US, paid by her card, gives me the details, and I transfer the amount to her running bank account in India. Only one question: a technet account can be accessed from anywhere in the world??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    I did everything from my computer in Norway, and not a problem. But I know US mark some countries as "high risk" country for fraud etc...don't know if India is on that list. But try. It will only cost you some time in the worst case.
    Remember to look for the subscription number right after you have paid. It's says that you get a mail, but it takes forever (6 days for me). But I got to a page after I paid there I saw my subscription number, and with that you can activate your account straight away, before the mail gets to you. I activated my account 6 days before I got the welcome mail.

I do not remember if it was on the receipt or on another page after I paid. But try to look for it. It's save you lots of time. If you make it, and get the subscription number, I will guide you to how to activate your account. But I'm going to bed now, so I'm not on before in 6-8 hours.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Thanks. I was wondering even before why were you not in bed (8 AM Indian Time, and perhaps midnight Norway time). Though at this time of the year, it must still be daylight in Norway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Lol, not so far south I'm living now. It was beginning to be light again then I went to bed, but it's only north in the country we have midnight sun. I lived almost 4 year with midnight sun on the summer, and no sun at the winter. And it was strange. Could sit out in the sun at 3 AM. And on the winther, always think it was night (some lighter on the day then, but never the sun).

Did you order anything?

5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Good morning. Please check your inbox. Hope your 2-3 hrs of sleep was refreshing.

6. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Look in your inbox. I'm going to bed an hour or two, not quite woken yet.

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    wth, go to bed "now"?

8. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Late night, little sleep, not good. But now I'm ready again.. :D

9. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Last month I renewed my TechNet membership.
    The lady that called me about 3 weeks apart was very sweet & sounded like a babe.

Besides that I think TechNet is a good deal for what I'm using it for & what is available there.

10. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    In my Opinion,Technet Plus subscription is little higher,i would love to buy it if i get atleast 70% Discount,but still i cannot afford it,because i still have one more year to finish my Diploma in Electronics Engineering and i should get a good job with good salary,because i am only 17 now,getting a job is really a great thing for me,If I get it i will consider buying the accont.

11. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    I am gonna use loader and KMS. thats good enough for me. thanks Daz

12. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Fair enough, but I like to have some legit keys I can use on my any day computers. And as a backup if MS ever find a method to stop all activators etc.. (not likely, but still). And I have in fact paid some money for the MS products :D

13. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    i kind of want an account but once i am done with college i don't see myself needing a $200 office suite anymore and I use linux more than windows anyway. but if i wanted a copy of ultimate and lets be honest that would be the version i would get because i would hate having an inferior version, I would definitely go this route cheaper than a stand alone liscense and you can create multiple keys so no dealing with microsofts crap support if you activate too many times

14. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I think if you want everything legit, then Technet is good value. But not in India, where we get a Technet plus account for Rs. 25000. The only things of value for most is Windows and Office, and they cost less than 25000. Say HP for 6000, Ultimate for 11000, and Office Standard for 15000. Office Home is 4000.

15. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
  16. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Too bad, so this means i cant use my debitcard or just my creditcard? Not that i dont have a creditcard but still.

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And what is so strange about it?

sebus

18. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    It's strange since it has been open for orders outside of US for years. And now they have closed that option. But maybe Windows 7 is the main reason, since it has been thousands and thousands of Technet/MSDN licenses that has been sold a "genuine" licenses, also in plastic wrapped DVD boxes. The same reason that they limited the number of licenses on the BizSpark accounts from 10 per product, to only 2.

19. myhken

Feb 28, 2010