how much ram does your win 7 use? :)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by killercat, May 30, 2010.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    About half unless I'm in Adobe...lol :p

Edit: I have 2GB

2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I have about half (1 gig of 2) being used with FF and utorrent running for 16 hrs. Odd thing is the longer I leave puter on, the memory usage always creeps higher. After about 2 or 3 days without a boot, system will creep up to about 75% with no apps (other than AV, firewall) open. I haven't been concerned because I normally don't leave it on that long without a reboot (and I DON"T want to start the computer life argument please).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R0H1T

R0H1T MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2010
    That's a major issue with firefox as I've used it with autopager at times the memory usage can go all the way upto 1.6GB(2GB installed) especially when autopager loads a lot of pages but the problem is even when that tab is closed the memory won't be freed. Now as far as win7 is concerned I've felt that anything under 4GB you should have pagefile enabled otherwise with 4GB or more RAM one can disable the pagefile but it also depends on the apps being run.

4. udidwht

udidwht MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    Just did a clean install of Win 7 32bit (4GB RAM). Task manager showed 533mb after approximately 5 min from boot. No additional programs installed except for all of the Windows updates with exception of 1 (KB971033).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    and this time i have Kb971033 running genuine windows :rolleyes::D

6. ElKeBusK

ElKeBusK MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    I've got 4GB and I'm running W7 Home Premium.

Right now I've got 72 processes running including Firefox and the task manager reports I'm using 1,42 GB

Greetings :)

7. cadcad

cadcad MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Running Windows 7 Ultimate (retail)
    6 GB RAM installed
    50 processes running
    using 1.24 GB RAM