How on earth is this OS supposed to be finished in 5 weeks?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jun 21, 2015.

1. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    #41 FaiKee, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    10142 was the pre-RTM, AFAIK, the main target is still the big buying season(Thanksgiving) where win10GDR1 and winphone10 wil both be released. I heard the current decision is "If there is no f**king show-stopper, sign it off".

Gold partners could start to download almost immediately after sign-off and uploaded to MS servers, they still have to make their own images for different editions, architectures, languages, for their different models, test on all images, then manufacture, shipping and distribution, 1 month is really tight schedule. :p

2. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    It's hard to wait until end of June...damned :biggrin:

3. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    still we are only seeing the builds that they want us to see and they have already lots of more builds ahead of 10147 .. so we are not seeing a finished product (RTM is we consider it a finished product)

4. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Wow..where have you all been through the last 5 or 6 releases of new OSs from MS or Apple even, they are never "ready" but they get released anyway because they will never be able to find all the bugs in a lab with 100 developers like they will in the wild with a billion users...get used to it.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Unlike Apple, who has to develop their OS'es for a few Hardware Configurations only, Microsoft has to to the development for the whole bunch of available Hardware which simply makes the development much, much more complicated.

The difference regarding the used Hardware, is easily to see on the infos posted on this forum. Many users didn't have the exact same problems as others! Why is that? there many different possibilities, not hardware only, even the application used by the single user and many other culprits more!

Just look at those enthusiastic post's of those users using the build 10147, a leaked build and not supported by Microsoft! Why so many telling it runs that good? Really does it? For me: Clearly NOT! OK, it works fine but in many aspects! Some very simple functions couldn't simply work! The most astonishing is that Google Chrome didn't work's even to 50% complete!! I truely have to say that the most stable and best working build for me were 10130 and I'll scrap 10147 maybe tomorrow and re-install 10130 again.

It is a well known fact, there will be never any Software, and that includes ALL Operating Systems, which is 100% finished except in the meaning of stopping supporting! RTM, RTO, Final Release etc. etc. didn't say's anything more than just that it could be used on the majority of computers with less but still available problems and bugs!

The way Microsoft is now started to handle it's Beta-Testers by creating the Insider Hub, was an astonished step forward to promote their products. On that Way Microsoft were getting much more Beta-Testers in short time and 'forever'! Microsoft also were getting much more informations about the use of their product in production environment, well known, even telling the users not to use the OS that way, they would just do that! Examples are much enough just on this MDL Forum!! That Microsoft will still further use the Key-Logger Apps, MS openly told that. As of the beginning of the Windows 10, where MS was informing the users about those Key-Logger, a big noise and Shouting came up! And where that's today?? Seems to be gone, even after Microsoft publicly admitted on the Internet the further use of that Key-Logger by Insider User's!! The main discussion is now: WHO will get Windows 10 really for FREE!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    So 10142 was prertm, and 10147 was leaked for testing purposes. Whatever offical build we get after 10130 is probably final build?

7. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    As it gets close to the end of June I think that is definitely possible and I think that is also why it is taking so long to release another one. Two or three times in the last two weeks Aul said they were close to a new build and yet nothing has been released. I think they want it as close to finished as they can get without the final RTM code being added.

8. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #48 rjc862003, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
    you seem to be making the assumption that the preview builds are the only code-tree Microsoft has
    (insult removed)

9. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I would assume the answer to op, is that beta versions are not full isos.

So they are given out with bugs, so that people are not using ms full product. Thats my answer to ops question. I would think that ms does not give you the full iso until rtm, and gives out buggy betas as test isos before, to get a rough idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    that's what they are doing right now. When RTM is signed off OS will be a full version without any limitations. Due to constant update processes it should gett'n better and better over the years

11. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Its why i and i assume others wait till rtm to decide whether to upgrade.

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    yes, kind of the whole idea. Test things and see how they work, compile all that does work at the end. All work on the rest is done as time goes on.

I had taken it for granted that everyone or most are familiar with previews and technical builds. What would be the point of putting out polished and perfect test builds? There wouldn't be any reason to do so.

13. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #53 CODYQX4, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

14. chris19756

chris19756 MDL Member

Jul 20, 2009
    i think we see rtm this month xD

Unbenannt.png

15. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #55 LiteOS, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Vista at first, was very buggy OS
    even its was dev for 5 years
    because its was a completely new OS from ground zero

Windows 10 as much there new features or improvement
    its based about 80-90% of the code of the older windows version more or less

so to make it RTM in few years sound good to me

and trying beta don't frightened me so much

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    btw: Ground Zero is where an atomic bomb exploded (like 9/11 in Manhatten) See Wikipedia > Ground Zero

17. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Unfortunatly I also have to admit that I don't think W10 RTM will be as good previous Windows RTM releases.
    BUT: Maybe, because of insider programm and the development cycle and insides, we just THINK the release won't be as good as previous Windows releases.
    W10 RTM will be installed within the first week on one of my dev machine.

18. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    You guys keep thinking that RTM actually means stable. It actually baffles me that is what you actually think.

We are at a stage akin to game development that the OS does not have critical bugs however it still is riddled with bugs. On the day its released there will be a massive patch just to take care of all the non-critical bugs. This will be akin to a release day patch like what happened when the xbox one or ps4 was released.

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I think cody pretty much nailed it

20. Xaxa

Xaxa MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    Am just after trying the latest build 10147 if I remember the number right. The upgrade from win764 did not go well and end up with error, so I made a clean install and it got stock on "Just a moment please" screen for over 40 minutes... lol Performed a restart then and windows 10 finally lunched to desktop.
    My first thoughts: the start menu is a total joke, very confusing, take ages to find what you are looking for and ALL APPS is even worse! The live tiles on right side doesnt work (the weather tile for example). Also the explorer and its shortcuts to many never used destinations suck big time. No shortcuts for your drives! Am sure all this can be tweaked but for god sake it is very disappointing! Should not it be more user friendly, make your work faster and easier? This is what devs always trying to achieve, but it is definitely not happening here... I am very skeptic about the "FINAL" version of this OS coming out in 5 weeks time. To people who are using W7 or tweaked W8.1 this brings nothing better for them...