How the save your game while playing God of War in PS2?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harolden, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Harolden

Harolden MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    Hello everyone.. I recently got GOD of War Game for my ps2 but i wanted to know how to save the game as there is no automatic save option available unlike other ps2 games. Is there a detailed walkthrough available for the game if so.. please include a link in your answer as well. thank you

2. Errr... As far as i remember in GOW you have to save while you go through the game in those gold shiny light things - you cant save anywhere. As for the guide, here ya go.

3. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Yes he is right about those GOLD SHINY THINGS,just go to them and your game will be saved.
    Looks like a RAY OF LIGHT,actually you can´t miss them.

Ask if you need more help,don´t hesitate ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cheshirecat666

cheshirecat666 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2014
    Okay,I have a question: I just got a big batch of used ps2 games for dirt cheap off Amazon,God Of War being one of them. I'm playing,I love it,and I got to the glowing beam of light you step into to save your progress. I press R2 like it says,it asks 'do you want to save the game?",I click yes.then it goes to the 'saving progress" screen with the pulsing Greek letter...then nothing. I went and did something,came back 15 minutes later,still the pulsing Greek letter

I press every button on the controller,nothing. So finally I just hit the power button on the game and the game refreshes and the New Game/Load option comes up. I click Load...and it says there's no game on the memory card. ARGH! So I play from the beginning,this time I make it far enough to get to the 2nd glowing Save beam,I hit R2 and Yes...then the same thing happened again.

Mind you,it just came with the game for 2 bucks,there was no case or booklet. I looked up several placed online and it just says to do exactly what I did. I have to assume that after you click yes on save and the pulsing Greek letter comes up,it's supposed to then save and go back to the game,correct? If so,then there's clearly a glitch in this game disc,which is why it was 2 bucks lol