How to add a language pack to an installed Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HAL, Apr 5, 2010.

1. shehanshaly

shehanshaly MDL Novice

May 30, 2010
    Thank you very much for the information. Please anyone know how to get a lanhuage pack DVD.? thanks in advance.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    This one adds directly to windows and not the dvd itself :)
    Vistalizator is a good app to change languages easily to.

Believe this requires waik since dism is used, but its a good guide anyway!

3. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    No, You don't have to use waik for using dism. Windows 7 has dism. ;)

HAL

4. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Admin? I hope this is ok.

Google "Microsoft Windows 7 Language Pack x86 DVD MULTILANGUAGE SHooTERS" or "Microsoft Windows 7 Language Pack x64 DVD MULTILANGUAGE SHooTERS"

HAL

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Prefer to make my own :)..

Mount with dism then use /add-package /packagename: zzz.cab /packagename: zzz.cab etc then unmount /commit.

thenyou know its made from a genuine dvd and not altered at all besides the LP's. (as long as its downloaded from safe source).

6. orbitaldistortion

orbitaldistortion MDL Novice

May 14, 2013
    Does anyone know if this still works or if I am doing something wrong? I downloaded the pack I needed from the link posted in page one.
    (I'm a newbie with 1 post so I cant share the link. Its the link that takes you to a Mydigitalfile dot com page that lists all the language packs available. My OS is w7 Home Premium 64 bit, I got the 64 bit language pack)

I ran the dism command as explained. It goes through and finishes with the message "The operation completed successfully."

The next step is to delete the registry file as explained in the original post. However there isn't an "en-US" key in my registry. The registry folder itself is named en-US. The keys inside are as follows:
    (Default) REG_SZ
    LCID REG_DWORD
    Type REG_DWORD

I did reboot but was never prompted to choose a language like the MS tutorial explains it would. (the link the original post directs you to at the end)

7. windows123

windows123 MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Does anyone have a safe link to download the packs? I need to change my language for school but I cant cause I use 7 Professional. Please help.

8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #28 EFA11, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017