How to add win7 to oem partition to allow reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jet29, Apr 26, 2015.

1. mariog60187

mariog60187 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, You are right, You need to incorporate the updates and extra software,plus drivers, first.Either with DISM or a third party software WinToolkit or RT7. The only difference is that instead of using a USB, You use your hard drive.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Hi urie sir!!! i d/l acronis 2014 and patched and activated, will give it a try, i also managed to find some activation details for farstone one and got that going as well as aomei backupper. so going to try them all out individually. Finally we have got to some credible solutions.
    Hope this thread helps others with all the info shared by everyone.
    Just to mention i have never done any backups of system as windows 7 hasnt crashed or corrupted for me since 2009, i dont have any important data as i only go on the web and occasional letters on word.

Its only i wanted to experiment with different programs and since getting rid of the system reserved partition and then oem partition, i reinstalled win 7 fresh and went through all the updates and tweaks, there was a lot of updates and took a few hours, so thats why i wanted to set my system up and do backup, since the oem partition is outdated anyhow and does not contain upto date windows so is wasting space. i know it can revert you system to factory state, thats if i was going to get rid of system.

so i think we can end the topic as i have learned alot about backups/ imaging, cloning etc.
    Thanks to all, a truly excellent site MDL !!!