How to Back-up Office 2013 Activation if possible

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by calpol, Oct 26, 2012.

1. vts60

vts60 MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2012
    I want to format my pc and go to windows 8. I have office 2013 installed on seven. I can make a backup of the license and then install office 2013 on win 8 pro?

2. elementinsane

elementinsane MDL Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Hey..sorry to revoke an old thread. I just purchased an NEW desktop AIO. This doesn't have any of my previous W8 files.
    However, when I tried activating Office after installing it on THIS system, for a second it started saying Windows isn't activated?? I was like....WHAAAA?
    I quickly removed Office, and shut down the comp. Luckily I had the internet disconnected. After the shut down, started it again and it says Windows is activated again. Phew....that was close.
    Now my question is, will this new system take my OLD activation files? Or do I need to activate it all over again?
    Also..in the process, will I lose my Windows 8's license?
    Thanks..

3. dsrdakota

dsrdakota MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2014
    As far as I know pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms contains the product key configuration and not the actual product key itself for the activation process. Other than that, I wouldn't have a clue.

4. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    #45 tancrède, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Hi. I use Tokens Manager 3.5.rc5, the last one. Work fine to save activation of Win 8.1. But when i open Tokens for Office, it see 8.1 AND Office 2013 is there. Office is also activated by a VL key by phone. But it dosen't offer the possiblity to make a backup. Howcome that Tokens dont really see Office to make a Backup ????? Is-it because it's a Vl key ?

It was so easy and simple with 8.1 do

OK I did-it. Was very complicated. I find that we have to make a Backup of Win and Office and the same .dat, one shot, one file.

So, that mean that Office can't be save alone. Well i think... Very strange do.

Tancrède