how to clean junk files in windows7!! help:(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kittu8_in2002, Sep 28, 2009.

1. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Yap....has been using CCleaner for years. Good application.:)

2. ipkonfig

ipkonfig MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, but the questions are only asked during the first run. Answer yes for all (except disk defragment). The second time you run the software, the queries will be auto-answered! :)

3. keedier

keedier MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2009
    IMHO registry cleaners doesnt provide any increase in performance... its just placebo effect. :D

but i recommend on using CCleaner.. lightest, fastest and most reliable on temp files cleaning.. :)

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I agree, ccleaner is a great app and done its work very well, but about registry... if you keep all that broken keys and references your system will loose performance for sure:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    You use this on Win 7 also? I have it but didn't install it because there are so many programs that claim to work on 7, but allot of their setting only work in Vista and can REALLY bork up windows 7. Uninstaller doesn't say anything about win7, and I'd hate to bork it now that I've almost finished tweaking it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ipkonfig

ipkonfig MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A freeware alternative to the same is Revo Uninstaller. Working fine with Windows 7 :)

7. bullocks

bullocks MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    i use ccleaner and windows 7 manager :)

8. dlonra

dlonra MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    You're speaking from experience or fear ? Which program do you mean ? I have no problem with the latest Your Uninstaller or other programs. It would be strange because Vista=6.0 and 7=6.1.

9. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
  10. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    i'm thinking of changing to ccleaner.. currently i'm using win7 manager

11. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
    #31 jet29, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    I think its best to use a no of different programs, since each does a little more or different locations settings etc, no harm in using 2 - 3 different ones, i do similar thing for registry cleaning use a no of diff ones etc. Once u understand and are familiar with a couple .. then best to stick to them, then u cant go wrong with the system getting corrupt or anything

12. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    From Experience - Ultimate Windows Tweaker messed things up a little, along with enhance my 7 and then Windows 7 Manager did a real number on my registry when I unleashed it- some parts of it were good, don't clean your registry with it. I also tried Advanced System Care- no good for me either. There was one other I tried- had one button in the middle of it for optimizing and cleaning junk files- or could select 1 of 4 different modules for individual tasks, I don't remember the name but it should of been 1 click reinstall. I foolishly clicked the automatic button and a couple of minutes later it informed me it had disable 6 unnecessary services (believable) and removed over 1500 invalid registry entries. The install was 1 day old with 3 programs installed. My computer wouldn't even boot. It was the one time I wished I hadn't disabled system restore. BTW- thanks for the Revo advice- works well so far.

13. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    it is always best to use one program only..

14. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    @kittu8_in200

What everyone else forgot to say DO NOT use them all at once. One reg cleaner will suffice. Crap cleaner(Ccleaner) is an app more on the safe side. It doesn't mess your system as most apps do after prolonged use.
    From my long experience I can tell you that 99% of the apps mentioned here will eventually cripple your system. I strongly recommend you to stick to Ccleaner.

15. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
    #35 Ev1lM0nk3y, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017

Attached Files: