how to copy a file from Windows XP into DM500s by using PUTTY

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tester2, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    hi guys i need your help, I want to copy a file from Windows XP PC from Desktop into DM500s location /var/keys in this Linux BoxDM500s

So i like to know what is the command i have to use in PUTTY to copy a file in DM500s.

1)--1st i login into db500s by using putty, Linux box communicating with putty successfully

2)--2nd i go to this directory "/var/keys" of dm500s by using putty like root@dm500 /var/keys

3)--I am trying this command below, i did not get success till now
    cp C:/Documents and Settings/xyz/Desktop/rqcamd.conf
    by using above command i did not success till not, so i need your help, "how i should copy the file from my Windows PC Desktop to DM5oos"

I have a file rqcamd.conf on my PC Desktop. so i want to transfer by using putty.

Thanks for your replies

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Why not try using utilities for dreambox like "Dreambox control centre"
    With dreambox control centre you can ftp to your dm500 and edit, copy or delete files.
    You will be able to see the directory structure and all files in the dm500.
    If you google "dreambox control centre" and download version 2.9.6 you will be able to achieve what you are asking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    becaus i want to do this thing by using TELNET Commands, which is little hard but more better.

Thanks