How to create official Windows 7 MSDN/TechNet ISO's - FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by prxprx, Aug 12, 2009.

1. trustba

trustba MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    #81 trustba, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. sappu

sappu MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Between the two "official" "untouched" ISOs of two editions of Windows the only difference may be that particular marker file. We just extract the files from an available ISO modify a single file and creates the new ISO. May be M$ is also doing exactly the same. Can still consider the resulten ISO as untouched as long as SHA/ MD5 matches. Its realt difficult to maintain same hash with such a lot of files, if you suspect alteration.

3. zapytanie

zapytanie MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009

how to cheack
    that is my iso
    untotched? and fully orginal and official?

i read here that someone can make fake iso so
    if i will cheack cheacksum's sha-1 crc32
    that will be not enough?
    what i have to do
    to be sure of that my ISO is untotched and from microsoft?

4. groundXaero

groundXaero MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2009
    Man, this place is a gold mine!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tianqian625

tianqian625 MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    thank you

learnning this artcle ,earn very important tecnology

6. chaiilee

chaiilee MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    It WORKS!!! This information could have saved my bandwidth.

Can you get the same results with oscdimg.exe since this is the file included in Windows AIK?

ex: oscdimg -b<boot_file> -o -lDVD_LABEL -t<date>,<time> <windows_7_files_path> <windows_7.iso>

7. chaiilee

chaiilee MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    Do this...

1. Open notepad and type in something unique, save it, close it and check the file's checksum.
    2. Open notepad again and type in the same unique message, save it under a different name, close it and check the checksum again.

Both files SHOULD have the same checksum. The point of this is that you "cannot" have the same checksum if the file's content is different.

3. Now zip up the first file and then the second file and check their checksum.

They SHOULD be different. WHY? Because you created the files at different times and when zipping up the files (ex: zip or iso), the file's creation time (and/or other things) changes the checksum. Therefore, if your checksum matches Micrsoft's checksum then you have an "official/untouched" iso.

4. Or you can buy a MSDN/Technet account and download it directly from them.

8. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
    No, because oscdimg will write its own name and version into the ISO's "Application Identifier", instead of the proper "CDIMAGE 2.54".
    This will obviously change the ISO hash.

You can try hex editing oscdimg and change its name to CDIMAGE 2.54, but then again, just use CDIMAGE 2.54. :D

9. yunus

yunus MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    what is file date and file time for english x64 ultimate dvd

10. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    2009-07-14 05:29

11. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    #91 nononsence, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    it's weird that this should work

I just opened the Iso with a hex editor changed the ei.cfg from Ultimate to Home Premium, and the sha1 hash did change.

12. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    I just changed the ei.cfg back to Ultimate and the hash returned to its original value.

13. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    ok I read the first post again, I understand now, change from one edition to
    another, not fool the hash sums.

14. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah I was under the same impression that he made a MSDN ISO from scratch using maybe an RC build or something. All he is doing is swapping back and forth with the versions. All files remain original except for the ei.cfg edit. Even if you add a period (.) or any extra character to the ei.cfg the hash will NOT be official in any of the versions you make.

15. yunus

yunus MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    thank you for the info .
    what about the second

can you upload the ei.cfg file here

16. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Rename to ei.cfg.

Attached Files:

17. Rite

Rite MDL Member

Sep 26, 2009

LoL ............................

18. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Some people want to have an image as close as possible to what MS originally released without having to purchase every edition (license). That's my guess. :D

19. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...