How to disable metro ui (Windows 8 CP)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by slayermbm, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    currently i am using new start screen and i am getting used to it. :D

2. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    there are much worse things that contain the word "metro".

battlefield 3 for a start.

3. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I love metro map on bf3. so many kills, so many ribbons, so many badges, weapon exp so fast and normal exp so fast.
    Metro map = welcome to hell son, hope you came to fight because today is a glorious day for death.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chevell

chevell MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    WOW, I had no idea that bitching about a new Op system would gather so many thanks from people. Of course if us mortals did that same amount of complaining nobody would be thanking us. o_O

The only good thing about this is that if Msoft see's enough of this complaining, whining, ranting, and crying they will surely need to include a classic desk top button. Maybe that is the point of allowing this Consumer Preview to be downloaded for free?

Adding that one simple button would shut them all up in a hurry because under the hood, Metro and start button fiasco aside, this is in fact a superior operating system.

5. anti-t

anti-t MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Let just people have choice, it's not that complicated. MS is just dumb on this ! Real power users have NO interest of using a crap lego style UI for work. Only facebook addicts can see a benefit in metro ! I'm running xp right now and it's working very well thanks you. My next (last ? ) M$ OS will be win 7 if they persist this way; many feel the same given all the fuzz around forums.

6. nanosani

nanosani MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    I think every consumer should matter when it comes to marketing. But on the other hand everyone can't be kept happy?? :)

7. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Yes, they can. Just add the option of CHOICE. That's it.

When I jumped from Win3.11 to Windows 95, I was amazed. I loved the new interface. yes, it was glitchy, but OSR 2 came along and everything was perfect.

But Win7 SP1 or not IS AWESOME and ROCK SOLID, and lego-style is NOT the next step...'cause if MS takes it, it will be a wrong step. I know they are desperate to get much more market share in the smartphone sector, but the desktop and laptop don't fit in that category. It's easy: METRO for "sunday-users" and normal desktop for power-users. ;)
    PEACE ALL!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Maybe Metro wouldn't look so ugly (lego-style as it was mentioned) and annoying if they fix the horrible squares somehow... maybe give them a 3D look with shadow, just make it not so Windows 3.1/95 looking - just an eye sore!!
    Something like Win7 style maybe??

edge.jpg

9. fma965

fma965 MDL Junior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    i know this is old but lol that wasn't even me who suggested that method, idiot.