[HOW TO] Disable UAC completely

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Serial Thrilla, Oct 16, 2012.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Yep, he is paranoid.
    BTW: Even if his HDD will be completely wiped-out, it will not be a big loss probably. ]:)

2. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    I also would guess there wouldn't be too much to loose on that raid.

3. Leolo

Leolo MDL Member

Jan 23, 2010
    There's something that I really don't understand about UAC.

Why did Microsoft choose to install by default a user with full administrator privileges that are granted by clicking a simple "OK" button?

Wouldn't it be much more logical to install by default a user with normal privileges and only grant the elevated privileges when the user types an administrator's password??

In other words, why did they do such a shoddy and botched job?

4. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    The effect is nearly same with password or OK button, because the intension is to avoid background applications to do that "privileged action". It is not aimed against the person sitting before the computer. :)

5. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    I don't suggest anything...

6. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    #28 ZeroOmegaZX, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Actually Mr Prick UAC is completely ruining Windows 8. I can no longer look into the Profile Directories of anything lower than Windows 8 without messing with Permissions due to UAC always being on. This is a HUGE headache for Corporate users. I have to log out, and log back in as administrator to get a true elevated file explorer. Its a big mess.

All you have done is bash people who think UAC is a bad idea. Its proven that UAC is worthless when it comes to malware and viruses and actually makes it harder to run legit programs, and now a hugely core Windows Component itself.

7. Cees Heim

Cees Heim MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I looked everywhere but can't seem to find the right awnser.

could someone please tell me how I can remove the read only atribute on Folders ( everything I tryd didn't work)

I have a Folder on my d drive (Tools) there are a few apps that Need full control of that Folder like reading writing removing .

please tell me how to do it or please share me a link to a thread where I can find a working solution

( I win Windows 8 pro x64, lol and really paid for it :D )

8. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #33 murphy78, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

Attached Files: