[HOW-TO] download any Windows 8 version from Microsoft without an MSDN account

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by etb, Sep 15, 2013.

1. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012
    #21 david_xross_2, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

Windows 8.1 for me is very stable, less resource intensive (particularly less RAM hungry), and far superior to Windows 7 and 8 in terms of performance and new features..(Not to mention the native 3D Manufacturing APIs for use with 3D Printers :D), IMO it is what Windows 8 should have been. Need I Say More? :D

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Indeed. My system has only crashed once, and it was right after doing some softwaredistribution download folder deleting.
    You're not even supposed to do it that way. cleanmgr can delete those files the correct way by rebooting and doing a config-mode delete.
    So it was my fault.

I suspect that most of the problems people encounter are their own fault as well; specifically trying to use old windows 8 drivers or programs that directly interact with hardware, most likely.

3. NiFu

NiFu MDL Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Not quite right.
    • When you download and enter a PRO retail key you get an ESD distribution which contains only PRO.
    • When you download and enter a Core retail key you get an ESD distribution which contains only Core.
    • The retail or MSDN ISO includes both versions. So only one image exist.
    • The download ISO includes either Pro or Core. So two different images exist.

4. babuin12

babuin12 MDL Member

Jan 24, 2011
    maybe 8.1 is stable , but working with files is a real disaster , trying to transfer files from one folder to another gives a green bar of slowness and win explorer freeze , is extremely slow in file copying/ transfering , 8.1 should be a real shame for microsoft

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No problems here with transfer of files anyway maybe you should find the source of the problem and not Always blame The makers of the software for it !!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...