How to enable Aero glass on windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by endbase, Feb 25, 2014.

1. liliactr

liliactr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I asked developer how much he want for nag and hdd protection removed version. Maybe i could give 50$ or $100 dollars for it but he told me that there is no such a version after insisting mails. From the previous messages if i understood true there is but only for selected special people? Also developer always defense himself with $1 dollar, $2 dollar words is dishonest. Normaly i can not support in any condition using warez software if the user has enough wealth for to pay if the software really deserves it but the behaviours of this developer is very silly. In the future if anybody can crack this bulls*T i will use it with pleasure. Could not be very difficult for a cracker to crack that unprotected single dll file, probably nobody interested. I have not seen such so many annoying nag screens in any sharewhere or freeware. It is very obvious the developer wants to be very rich but always talks emotional words that it is free to use and distribute

2. bigmuscle

bigmuscle MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Of course, it is not difficult so you can simply do it. You can even create your own Aero Glass application, because it will be a bit amusing when you must crack application which you don't like :yeah:

3. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    want :poop: back? :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I see this thread going no place

5. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You've admitted that you purposely added all that to push people to donate for the nag-free version in the past.

People see you for what you really are now. Get over it. Your little app is NOT that impressive

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    No, I didn't admit anything. Read it again, I just said that I decided not to give full version out to people and leave it private. And only those supported the development somehow (and on their own, not by pushing from me!) just received the full version as a form of my "thank you". I'm not pushing anyone.

7. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Yes you have. I've seen it and plenty of others have seen where you said you purposely made it so annoying that it would push people to donate. I called you out on it here and on Neowin. My mistake was not getting a screenshot of that to further prove it. Enough people saw it though.

Done arguing with you :rolleyes:

8. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    This is very funny how some users still trying to persuade and force me to something. Maybe you are right, especially when I milliontimes said that I don't care about donations and even my homepage discourages the users from the donation when they don't agree with my conditions. But yeah, I'm pushing everyone to donation :roflmao:

9. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    not pushing me to donate i removed this software ages ago as it looks hideous compared to a previous version...just saying :roflmao:

10. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    Of course, if someone does not like Aero Glass look, I don't force him to use it ;)

11. bodmas

bodmas MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Everyone has his own perception but one thing I would like to mention here that there is free version and if it is not free then its paid version. your free version is not truly free version, it is in fact a paid version. it does not matter if you chose for a word "Donation".
    No one is forced to buy any paid software, we pay for it on our own willingness.

then what is difference between your donated version and paid version? Donation neither does have any terms and conditions nor it gives anything in return. and look in your condition: use free version and a nagging screen you have to live with (generally this type of nagging screen is found with non-activated version or trial version, beta, Alpha or preview version. final and free version does not have such a display on desktop screen as in you case.

Why don't you make paid version of it instead of blackmailing to naive person? your conditioned donation is nothing but a white collar blackmailing.

I beg pardon for my picking such a word and attitude from those who got hurt.

12. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    hey im teasing is all :)

13. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I would never associate the name "bigmuscle" with either FREE or DONATION.

14. Hiii

Hiii MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2013
    Arguing with this guy, who lacks basic comprehension and reasoning skills, is like administrating medicine to the dead. Obvious scam artist is obvious.

15. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    #37 bigmuscle, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    bodmas: Thank you for your opinion. I agree with your post in 100% but I already explained why it is not done in the way you were describing.

The main problem in this sentence is in the perception of the word "free version". The majority of the users just puts equality between words "free" and "cost-free" and that's it. In the case of Aero Glass, the word "free" simply means that the software can be freely downloaded, it can be freely spread, it can be freely used on unlimited number of computers and for unlimited time. It has never been said that "free version" means that you get fully-featured application without any limitation. And if someone says that this is not applicable on my Aero Glass then he simply lies.

Sure! you are absolutely right here! But that's what I already explained several posts above. As I said, this is my private software and due to behaviour of the users, I decided not to give it to public and show only preview and you cannot buy the full version in any way. And that's it! Do I have right to do it? If I don't, why? Do I force someone to release his own private works to public? I don't! But of course, if someone wants to support the development by small donation, he simply can, it's his right, but I don't force anyone to do it. Also, I said many times, the it is donation and not buying so donator should not expect anything in return. And it is the sense of donation, exactly as you said. If someone thinks that he must donate and then he receives full version, then he's wrong.

And because I am not ungrateful, I have no problem to provide access to my full private version to almost everyone who donates. But it is not my obligation, I do it as a form of my "thank you" and not because "hey, you must donate to get full version". Or what should I do? Should I silently sit and never said a word, so nobody cannot complain that it is not donation because I said "thank you"? Yeah, I specified some conditions but they are put just for case someone wants to abuse my gratitude - it is the reason why I ignore donations such as 0.01€, but when someone wants to donate he should use his brain at first - if I say "donations of 0.01€ are ignored", it does not mean that everyone starts to donate 0.02€ to get full version. Is it understandable?

The said thing is that I wrote some application which users wants to have completely cost-free and fully functional. I did a lot of concessions during the development but users still and still complained. But... the majority of the complaining users are those who would never supported the development, so question is why I should support them?

16. bigmuscle

Jan 23, 2013
    blah, where is defined when users may send you a donation?

17. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I don't like software that you get by donation !! i rather pay for it the "normal" way but it is nice that there is a Aero based software out there :p

Greetz base