how to force WDM in W7 Without 128MB

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by devil-may-cry, Jun 22, 2009.

1. devil-may-cry

devil-may-cry MDL Junior Member

Jan 5, 2009
    hi guys
    ihave a 92mb graphic card

i need how icane fore the aero with out 128

and thaaaaaaaank's all​

2. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    I hear a user called hackerman1 managed to install and boot Win7 on a following "dinosaur":D:

Pentium 2 266Mhz
    96MB RAM
    4MB Graphics

Install time more than 17hours lol and boots with mere 17min haha:D

3. devil-may-cry

devil-may-cry MDL Junior Member

Jan 5, 2009
    not working

idon't have the driver for windows 7
    but i can install the windows xp driver
    after i do this
    the aero enable ??

4. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #5 FuzzyMaster, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
    For AERO in either Vista or W7 you MUST have the following minimum hardware support on the video card;

- DirectX 9 (i.e. hardware support for DX9 not just DX 9 or 10 software installed)

- Pixel Shader 2.0 (again, must be supported by the hardware)

- WDDM driver compatible with the specific video card & OS (an XPDM driver will NOT provide the required support for AERO to work)

- 128MB of dedicated (integrated) video memory is NOT required, however a minimum of 64MB dedicated video memory with at least 1GB of system memory is needed. With only 64MB most AERO features will work but maximum resolutions will be limited & the visual effects will be slower and less smooth. In some cases the driver may be designed for use with only 128MB and higher in order to use AERO & you may see artifacts or other issues when only using less than 128MB with such drivers.

No amount of patches or registry entries will enable AERO if you do not have the required video hardware to support AERO features. Any software that provides emulation for missing hardware features will likely place a heavy load on your CPU and the trade-off in performance won't be worth the visual eye-candy that AERO provides.

AERO capable video cards (i.e. older AGP or even PCI Nvidia 6200 256MB ~ $30US) are so cheap now that the simple solution is just to buy a new video card, especially if you want to take advantage of all the new AERO features that W7 adds.

5. shadow_shd

shadow_shd MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    If you can't afford a new video card, just stay on XP, with 7 your computer will go so slooooooooow if you force Aero than you'll throw your PC by the window !!!

++