How to get back files form a missing partition?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Dominique78, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dominique78

Dominique78 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    Hi, there! This is my problems:
    One of my partitions on my internal drive got lost after formatting my PC. Do you know why this happened? I have many precious files on this partition and have no any backup. Are they still there? How could I get them back? Any idea could be appreciated!

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  4. 00Cordy00

00Cordy00 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2013
    It sounds like this missing partition is corrupted. You should have a data backup in this case. I hope you could learn to make data backups in the future.

But, right now, for the contained data on this partition, you need take a chance with some data recovery freeware, such as Recuva, Power Data recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Note: Before you’ve restored all your data back, you’d better not save anything new on this drive in case of data loss.

After the data recovery process, you also could try to recreate a partition, if you needs.

5. Dominique78

Dominique78 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    I do not really understand what’s going on with my PC. But, after reading all these replies, a data recovery program seems to be a good way to save my files back from this missing partition.
    So, I carefully read your answer and tried these data recovery freeware mentioned above, especially the last one. Luckily enough, I finally get back all my wanted files. I am so happy now.
    Thank you very much!!!