how to get the latest-update #MS Windows7.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Checkout!, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Checkout!

Checkout! MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Hello,

i did download windows7 Ultimate RTM, as i still fear from downloading any update's from windows-update or here to didn't back again to the shutdown problem or black-screen, so please i need advice to let me know what to download to be secure and sure that Microsoft wont have get any problem into my box!

Thanks,
    -j0

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #2 timesurfer, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    I am using this now GUIDE: How to really run Windows 7 forever without applying any cracks

And I just went to validate my windows 7 and it was successful...lol

Just the WAT update is what most say to avoid so just right click it and hide it if you see it. Not sure you will get it in trial though?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    The 2 hour shutdown doesn't happen in the RTM version - ever.

Use Daz's loader

Set Windows update to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

Download every update except KB971033 - you can hide it in Windows update so you don't accidently download it in future.

Simple - you're done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mightyEx

mightyEx MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    It just depends. Have BIOS with SLIC 2.1 already present (but inofficial release). Have no problems with WAT - even with 971033 installed. Installed Win7 from scratch (Oct. 2009). Used Windows own slmgr to activate.

5. Checkout!

Checkout! MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Thanks guys,

i checked the "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", but i was worry about other updates... not everything is clear and Activated done!

-j0