How to increase C drive of my Windows 7 laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Magee454151, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Magee454151

Magee454151 MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2014
    Yesterday, when I tried to install a new video editor on my laptop, I just found that my C drive has only 1GB of free space left. But, I had also checked the other partitions and found the F partition was nearly empty. So, I just want to emerge these two partitions for increasing the C drive space. Is that right? If not, how can I increase my C drive? Help me, please!

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    get Partition wizard home as a free version or even a boot CD of partition wizard. Find it the best and easiest for partitioning.
    If you resize the partitions with their being data on it, any program will take a longer time (moving data around). If you can take a backup of other non-OS partitions, then that is best.

Then just format all the non OS partitions, resize and then move the data back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    I just did that in my XP through EaseUS Partition Master without any fuss. Download it free from

partition-tool dot com
    [h=2]EaseUS Partition Master[/h][h=2]EaseUS Partition Master[/h]

4. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #5 sid_16, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Joyce5678

Joyce5678 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2014
    In your case, there are always two ways for you to go on:

1). Back up your important data well , shrink this F partition and add all the unallocated space to your C drive simply by right clicking your C drive to highlight “Extend” option in Disk Management.

2). Increase you C drive space with some tools.
    But, if the “Extend” option is grayed out and cannot work, you also can use some partition resizing tool to take chances, like GParted, IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free and EaseUS Partition Master, etc.

No matter which one you choose to use, you’d better firstly back up everything important in case of data loss.

6. KurentEweser

KurentEweser MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    May I ask what are using D: and E: drive letters? I assume D: is the cd/dvd drive. But what if anything is using E:? Resizing partitions will be a little more complex if E: happens to be another partition between C: and F:.