How to insert SLP string into Phoenix bios?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by madaload, Sep 15, 2010.

1. madaload

madaload MDL Junior Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Hi,

Can anyone advise me as to how can I insert SLP into Acer 5735 bios? The phoenix tool doesn't do that and I've no idea how to edit Phoenix BIOS manually.

I've tried to insert it by using the /DVM:string parameter when updating BIOS with PHLASH16, but it didn't seem to work.

I have an OEM Dell XP Pro CD, so the easiest way to make it work would be to have the SLP string in my BIOS.

P.S. As always, I'm not asking that anyone do this for me. I'm asking for an advise so I can do it myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Are you sure there is no ACERSYSTEM string already??? I would run the oembios.exe first..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. madaload

Dec 20, 2008
    Hello 911medic! Sorry, I've been busy. Yes, the AcerSystem string is there, but the OEM SLP key for Acer XP pro doesn't activate the system. When I try to activate online I get a message about the key being "Unauthorized".

All I ever did when activating XP was mod the BIOS to Dell Computer and use the OEM CD. Never had to insert a key or activate. I don't know how it's done if the SLP1.0 in BIOS is different than what the installation CD is made for.

Can you tell me how to activate it without modding the bios?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. madaload

Dec 20, 2008
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. madaload

Dec 20, 2008