How to install 7Loader 1.5 manually?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Saduff, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #1 Saduff, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    OK, so 7Loader is compiled with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
    I had a look at the source, but most of the stuff is done in a .cmd file: Install.cmd.
    And I don't understand .bat/.cmd files very good.

I have extracted all necessary files from 7Loader:

• bootinst.exe
    • grldr
    • oemcert.xrm-ms
    Install.cmd

Now what do I do with these files? How do I install that certificate and where do I put those files? On my Boot Drive?
    The reason I need to install this manually is that all Loaders put these files in wrong places.

As a side note: @Hazar:

Why are you using this:

Code:
     Using process As Process = New Process
            process.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
            process.StartInfo.FileName = "cmd.exe"
            process.StartInfo.Arguments = "/c IF EXIST %systemdrive%\7Loader.TAG start Loader.vbs ELSE start noLoader.vbs"
     End Using
    You're checking if 7Loader.TAG file exists and if it does you use a .vbs script to show a MessageBox.
    Why not simply write a boolean value to the registry or write a boolean in the project settings?
    Then simply set the boolean to 'True' if 7Loader is installed successfully and
    when uninstalled, set it to 'False'. Then read the value, instead of checking if a 7Loader.TAG file exists?

Also, that's the reason I haven't used .NET for a long time. The source can be seen very easily.
    Even if obfuscated, it can be de-obfuscated.

2. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Since Hazar's loader boots into something on restart it would be hard to make it do so. Hazar is a nice person so if you tell him which paths you need Im sure he can make you an edited version.

3. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #3 Saduff, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)