How to install Office Home and Business offline - win7

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by MarkJohnson, Apr 29, 2016.

1. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson MDL Junior Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Hello, I just purchased Office 2016 for my father and it wants to install in some online mode and wants me to create an MS account.

Is there an easy way to do this offline? I skimmed over some of the 2016 stickies, but it was overwhelming.

Could I install with the the Volume License ISO and activate it with my Home and Business key?

Thanks for any help
    -=Mark=-

2. goardenfreeman

goardenfreeman MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2014
    Hey,

I don't know if your topic is still active, but I just wanted to let you know:

If you've purchased a Retail Office 2013/2016, you're just gonna get a keycard with an serial number on it
    This serial will never work for an offline installation of office 2013/2016, you're only able to see the offline installation serial in your MS-Account.

So if you just want to install it offline, cause....whatever reason you have, first go online, create an MS-Account and combine it with your purchased office 2013/2016 keycard, afterwards go into your account and choose "installation via cd/medium" or sth. like that, there you can choose "i allready have an cd" and then they tell you the real serial number, you should note yourself this one (!)
    This one is e.g. for an offline installation.
    The keycard in your beautiful office box, is now relativly worthless.

Greetings