How to: Make a Windows 10 "1703 LTSB" ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by damianfox, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Prosto

Prosto MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2015
    #321 Prosto, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Delete.......

2. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    Well I did a enterprise N 10586 X64 last week and I must say it works really good.
    .installed some updates
    .added a after market
    Video/music player
    .image viewer
    .startisback
    things are a bit odd coming straight from win7 but I prefer this to a full blown win10.
    look forward to trying the conversation on the next build.

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hi sebus, thanks for the app very nice and useful :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stewox

Stewox MDL Junior Member

Nov 22, 2013
    #326 Stewox, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Only thing we need is a project that will manage and bring all these apps together to form some template-like custom "mega" ISO that most people on here would agree.... if only i had the time to do it. With all the general stuff the gurus use preinstalled, like Jv16 tools, Notepad++, WinMerge, Peerblock, Wireshark, VLC, WinRaR, Flux, (no MPC, that is more complex, effects are wide, some people use K-Lite Codec Pack, others want standalone clean install for MadVR)

Why do I need to spend hours installing all that each time, that's why I'm so discouraged from reinstalling my OS all these years, not to mention all the fiddly registry tweaks. Just doesn't make sense, kind of a "basic" ISO is what I would and other benefit from (basic for us, relative from our perspective, for mainstream it would obviously looks like super mega iso)

My idea is to basically use all the mods to remove all the unnecessary trendy flashy stuff, disable all restrictions that ask for "admin" approval in terms of controlling the PC settings and services, other little tweaks like disabling full row select (if it exists) and ofcourse make it look like Win7 which would need some work in icon DLLs, while keeping all the new good stuff in Win10, so if same thing is done better/worse in Win10 the project members would vote which kind to keep/focus on.

Just not sure how many folks are geared up, it's good that people specialize in their area they wish to perfect, if only some would be interested bringin it all together, but I think it would be popular for power users, and it would be made so it's customizable further, with an rich custom installation screen/steps, this would alleviate the need for making multiple out of the box ISO flavors since power users are expected to be okay with additional delay and do it with no problem, they shouldn't expect things on a silver plate.

Or another way could be the a project around the ISO build template, like, you have all the materials, tweaks, scripts, programs to preinstall, offline updates installers, anti spying utilities, garbage removal, tested with latest ISOs, but then at release you remove the ISO to save on release size, since people should be able to get the ISO they want themselfs, gives them more flexibility, but also alleviates the piracy accusation even more, it's up to the individual to decide that for himself where he's going to get the official clean ISO. The project doesn't need to be updated that regularly once it's fully featured, twice per 6 months, or as needed if some major new version of preinstalled apps come out, but if it's only one, everyone can manage to update their programs on their own later, so it's not something it would have to be kept super-updated.

5. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Stewox: the big problem for me with isos with preinstalled applications is that when you reinstall, you get a whole bunch of outdated applications, and then you have to get updated versions of each of them.

I make a list of my favourite applications and tools in Word or similar, with clickable links to the download page of each. That works for me.

6. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    #328 spidernz, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    yup exactly. which is why i use portable apps as much as possible so i can have easier installs and also a excel sheet with links to the portable software sites.

Capture.JPG

Have thought about a collaborated github based software project to that edits windows 7/8/8.1/10.
    That would be cool, where people can add in code to help. The problem is getting it started and getting people on board, after v1 i can see that if it works well people will use it and help build it more.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Any idea how to reinstate removed windows component (biometrics in my case)?

Thanks

sebus

8. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    You cant add it back once installed you'll have to make a new ISO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. damianfox

Jan 23, 2011
    Hopefully it will work using /online, I've never tested it but im assuming it wont work, I guess we'll find out ;)

10. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
  11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #334 sebus, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  12. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I assume so, though never experimented directly with them.

Yes, more boring than difficult...

Anyway removing them is easy just because someone wrote some utilities to do it easily, would be nice to have a gui or a generic script to do the opposite.

Sooner or later one of the MDL minds will take care of that. :)

13. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Removing the Metro apps if the windows received a vova update comulative, all the apps back?

14. damianfox

Jan 23, 2011
    No they don't come back

15. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    thank you, very good tool for windows 10,

16. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I added the pt-PT language image en Brazil but to choose the idima the installation does not appear?

17. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    ....MSMG has warned that lp is integrated only in install.win,so you can not choose language when start the installation...