How to: Make a Windows 10 "1703 LTSB" ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by damianfox, Nov 19, 2015.

1. nilankadesilva

nilankadesilva MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    Hi all,
    Hope someone would have a solution to this, I have read through the whole 42 pages to look for an answer. I did all above and it worked perfect, but metro apps and edge browser came back after I updated the system, probably a build upgrade happened. Is there a solution to this, and since OPs iso link doesn't work, can anyone provide me the latest enterprise N iso link please? :)

Thanks in advance,
    Nilanka

2. bebj1957

bebj1957 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    Apply updates first. Then remove all metro apps, all windows components. Then select option 2 for advanced windows components, remove what you want including store associations. Save, and unmount. Rebuild install.wim. If you want convert to esd. Make iso. Install. Sometimes there are "ghost" tiles on first boot. Sign out, then back in. They will go away.

3. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015
    So every time a new build comes out I have to make a new ISO? And are you able to provide me with the link please? Techbench link don't have the Enterprise N version.

4. bebj1957

bebj1957 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    I do.
    Should be around somewhere. You may need to convert UUPs.

5. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015
    Too much work I guess, I will continue to use LTSB if other don't have any suggestions... And would appreciate if anyone could provide the latest Ent N iso for me :) @bebj1957 thanks for the replies!

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
  7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    seem that iso used for make your job is not from MDL :g: so is not possible help you in some manner;I know because if your iso is from here you know where get latest Ent N or I'm wrong ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015
  9. Painkiller

Painkiller MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I also make an update with a new ISO per MSMG Toolkit.
    Does not take long.
    Is also logical, if you use one with Metro, then Metro is installed.
    Property times looked after the Enterprise N, have not found.
    Sorry. :p

10. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015

I see, can you advise me on how to stop Windows from doing an automatic upgrade, but still get cumulative updates. And what the correct procedure for an upgrade is so that I don't have to reinstall all my software... Much appreciated since I discovered this great tool recently, and very new to this :)

11. NsaFarm

NsaFarm MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Keep removing the cruft through DISM/cbsenum every upgrade and skip making ISOs to reinstall with. You're right, if you keep having to install and make ISOs you might as well just use LTSB and do it once.

12. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    #432 °ツ, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  13. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015
    Can you explain a little further what the DISM/cbsenum procedure is, how to do it. Or Point me to a good source, I really appreciate the support :)

Thank you friend, that was very helpful :)

14. nilankadesilva

Apr 4, 2015
    Many thanks friend, I will follow accordingly. Thanks again :)

15. justAnotherUser2

justAnotherUser2 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2010
    Hi there.

Some advice for you and anyone else considering the N version for a lighter Windows.
    I don't want to upset anyone, perhaps save you some time. I would advise to use Enterprise LTSB, not EnterpriseLTSB N.

I went your route initially, over a year ago, and discovered very quickly that the N version not having WMP has consequences.

If you do any sort of video editing, for example, you will be missing system files that some software relies on, including Camtasia Studio and IIRC Adobe Premier, After Effects, etc.
    This was my experience, but who knows what other software may rely on WMP core files.

Just a heads up, hope it helps someone.

16. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Hello everyone, Sorry I haven't updated this thread, I've been using LTSB for my PC so I haven't used MSMG Toolkit for awhile. Once MSMG Toolkit gets updated to 7.0 and a stable Nvidia driver gets released I'm going to switch back to Enterprise N 1703 than I'll update my first post. I thank everyone for the attention this thread has received I never thought it would become so popular, Thank you :)

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    MSMG is at 7.1 atm.

19. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Oh okay great, i checked yesterday it was at 6.9 still, excellent thank you.