How to make your own file entries in the create new menu.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SalviaSage, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SalviaSage

SalviaSage MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2018
    Hi everyone.

I made a post earlier here:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/help-how-to-rename-create-new-file-menu-entries.77834/

Asking how to rename the file entries that are already there in the create new menu (the menu you get if you right click windows desktop and mouse over 'new')

So, now I want to make my own entries. I can make them for file extensions that are already recognized by Microsoft like the .reg extension.

But, I can't do it for example for a .toc file because it is not recognized by the Microsoft Windows computer.
    I tried adding my own .toc file by editing the registry etc but could never get it.

The same method which worked for the .reg file did not work for the .toc file

So, if you know how to do this from the registry editor, please tell me.

Also, I am loking for people who like scripting, lua language, programming, batch language, autohotkey
    and of course editing the Windows registry to team up with me to work on projects. : )

See you, thanks for your interest.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If you could explain why you should make new an empty .toc file to somewhere...then may think about, how to do, but as long as it's not necassary or is useless, why to think?
    These, what there are already, usually cannot be renamed, because they based on some Windows default .dll file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SalviaSage

SalviaSage MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2018
    Yeah, it is useful for a programming project I have.

4. SalviaSage

SalviaSage MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2018
    Heh. I have figured out how to do this by looking at an earlier reference file.
    The trick is in linking two HKEY entries to one another...

I guess this matter is closed...