How to modefy asus notebook only

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alisultan, Sep 21, 2009.

1. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Here's my take on this unfortunate episode: I think it is possible that the "aflash2" bios-flasher is inappropriate for use in flashing the bios of @hypnotic's rig. I think what should have been utilized in the first place is the recommended dos bios-flasher for the notebook model in question. It is possible that the asus-recommended bios-flasher is not "aflash2", but could be "afudos" or "bupdater"; who knows... I have used andyp's amitool to mod at least 4 asus notebooks/netbooks and used their respective bios-flasher app and had not experienced any problem at all. In fact, using "afudos", the flashing operation was completed in a few minutes, not lasting for more than 5 minutes. My opinion only.....

2. sadsac

sadsac MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Using AFLASH2 may not be necessary if your Asus Notebook bios has the "easy flash" option in the system bios setup. The Asus N20A has this option, and successfully updated to a dynamic mod of bios v2.17 -- by simply putting the bios file on a usb key and using "easy flash" in the bios. My guess is that "easy flash" writes the entire flash range, much like AFLASH2 with the command line switches.

3. alisultan

alisultan MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2008
    welcome every buddy
    if you knead a bios modification i will help gust give me the link for the bios

4. The Progen

The Progen MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    Yeah, I used the update utility in the BIOS for my Asus X58LE. Activated with Asus specific certificate and OEM product key.

5. nefarious

nefarious MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    anyone successfully flashed a 1005ha-p netbook?

6. alisultan

alisultan MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2008
    302 download and still counting

7. hypnotic

hypnotic MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    AFLASH2_080605.zip is the Version V3.01

it wouldn't screw the bios....

8. ykurnia1

ykurnia1 MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2010
    #50 ykurnia1, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
    i accidentally forced to shutdown my laptop (asus a42jk) after i saw my screen just black (not really sure whether the bios flashing finished or not but the green light indicator still alive) & now i can't turn it on. how to recover the bios ? please i desperately need your help & advice. thanks! FYI: i flash the bios using easyflash inside the bios itself, not by afudos or aflash2.