How to Modify Your Own Bios Using AMI Mod Tool and Award Mod Tool

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Busykid508, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Angelx64

Angelx64 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2008
    Been Trying for past two weeks with several Gigabyte motherboard and i found the OEM7 (with ACPITBL at End in advance option) to be the most reliable. No issues till now. 0+2 caused problem on an X58-UD3R and i had to reset the bios. For now i recommend the OEM7 method.

2. lucyk

lucyk MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    Hi.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate OEM with a self modded bios. I am upgrading my computer with a new cpu/motherboard, just want to double check what I'm doing is right.

I am upgrading to GA-890XA-UD3

1. Download current manufacturers bios:

2. Download latest Award Mod Tool from: /threads/5385-New-Award-BIOS-tool-for-performing-SLIC-Insertion-Modification

3. Download Gigabyte SLIC/Cert from: /threads/5952-Win-7-amp-Server-08-R2-SLIC-2.1-Bin-Collection

4. Flash unmodified bios

5. Run Award Tool, select previously downloaded bios and slic. Hit Go. Verify.

6. Flash modified bios

7. Install Certificate

8. Install OEM Key

Two questions, which OEM key would I use for this setup.

And would I need to reinstall windows 7 or will this work to activate my current copy.

Edit: well, i just went ahead and tried it. everything worked perfectly. bios F2 for GA-890XA-UD3 rev 2.0 using ssv3. i didn't need to reinstall, just had to redo cert/product key after flashing new modified bios.

3. feego

feego MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Thnaks

thanks frined

4. tonus

tonus MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    I moded f10 bios for Gigabyte p55-ud6 with award tool 1.27 with isa method and i registered my win7 ultimate x 64 successfully, but when i can't enter in my bios settings with DELETE buton on my keyboard. Help me please with some advices. Sorry for my bad english.

5. kvonlinee

kvonlinee MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2010
    mod GA X58A UD3R

thank you for award tool and loader I mod my machine Gigabyte GA X58A UD3R sucessfull
    and this is the link

http :/ / www . meg aupload. com / ?d =G1T48AYY

thank for everything, remove the space inbetween because it is not let me send a link

6. Mauro B.

Mauro B. MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2009
    Is it possible to have a new amo bios version for P5VD1-X so to update cpu microcode for implenting of new cpu as asrock 4coredual-sata2|?

thanks.

7. jordy

jordy MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2010
    Hi folks,
    I'm a very noob to the modded BIOS caper... I have a Asus M51SN laptop that currently has SLIC 2.0 and I want to install Win7 Ultimate. I have successfully modded a BIOS file using SLIC Tool and am ready to go. What's stopping me however are the comments that some laptops don't take too kindly to BIOS mods... Does anyone know whether the M51SN is likely to object and crash?

thanks

jordy

8. tiduskg

tiduskg MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2010
    I just modded my notebook, ASUS - U80V. And fist I check my BIOS information by Everest and saw OEMX. I thing this block belong to SLIC 2.1. That a sign that we should using method "Dynamic" and SLIC will written in that block. I done with my notebook and it worked. Thank you for all information here.

9. Magro

Magro MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    Hi.
    I'm using GIGABYTE GA-H55M-D2H .
    I tried bios mod by awardtool 1.4.7.
    I used DELL SLIC and txt.
    I successed making SLIC bios in method type was ISA and FACS and 0+2. But another method was failed.
    What should I use three of these or not? And why another method was failed?
    Please tell me the right way.

Thanks.

10. robby2k9

robby2k9 MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2008
    ASROCK AMI BIOS problem.
    Reading the instructions for amitool it says ASROCK BIOS should be processed using SSV3, & will default to that when ASROCK is selected in manufacturers window.
    However when I load the BIOS for ASROCK K7S8XE+ the manufacturer selection is greyed out & so is everything except SSV2.
    Using this method produces a sucessfull BIOS according to amitool, but when flashed it results in a BSOD during windows installation.
    I know the asrock core7 bios can be a problem but I don't mind experimenting.
    Anyone got any ideas?

11. stimpy2300

stimpy2300 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    Great post, but I don't see an option for my HP Pavillion American Megatrends BIOS?

12. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2010
    If my BIOS is labeled as "Phoenix AwardBIOS", would I use this tutorial or the "How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files" tutorial?

13. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    You need to use the Award Mod Tool.

14. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    You need to look and see what Manufacturer Made your MB (Asus, Foxconn, MSI, etc) and choose the appropriate Manufacturer in the Tool.

15. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks man.

16. dt1375

dt1375 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2010
    Anyone with help to get the thingy sorted out;
    - AMI bios, using AFUD4310 to flash (reports all ok, except "system data protected")
    - Modded the orginal bios with Amitool 1.61, everything ok
    O7A reports no slic present at all...

MSI G31TM-P21 mainboard.

Can't seem to figure out how to get it to work out ok. Even tried the crash-boot with ctrl-home option, and flashed the bios trough the built in recovery.

17. lejohn

lejohn MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    Great tool. Thanks :)

18. Luisile

Luisile MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2010
    Hi all and merry xmas!
    First sorry for my bad english im from slovakia.

please edit the image links to http

I need to mod my friends bios, its a AMI bios from msi board K9N6PGM-F (MS-7309)

i perform inserting slic 2.1 and slp key using ami slic mod 1.61
    it looks like this

htp://img291.imageshack.us/i/60735665.png/

when i push the go button it give this message

htp://img51.imageshack.us/i/62635125.png/

slic performed succsesfully

htp://img830.imageshack.us/i/62054863.png/

but the log look like this

htp://img130.imageshack.us/i/33851663.png/

Its correct? i can not verify it with modbin because it dont open the original bios and the modified either. Thanks for answer...